Chapter 56

Violet's POV

"That's the last of my things," With that, I zipped up my suitcase and the butler carried it downstairs, today I was finally leaving for Paris and I wouldn't be back until a week which was a relief as I had appointed my substitute behind me and I hadn't take a break from work in about a year as I was continuously on the go. My parents were sitting in the lounge, probably reading a newspaper or something, when I came downstairs, they looked at me. There was a smile on my Father's face, "I am so proud that our daughter is representing us at such a large forum." I half heartedly grinned, "Me too." Mother also patted me on the back, "Have a safe flight then, keep calling and updating us about how it's going." I nodded, "I sure will." With that, I sat in my car and the driver drove me off to the private hangar, but I wanted to go by a normal flight but my parents kept saying that it wasn't safe; in about an hour, we reached there. There was a whole staff standing there, a bunch of air hostesses, chef and two pilots, I greeted them in response and they led me inside where my seat was. "Madam, here is your seat, please fasten your seatbelt." I smiled, "Thank you so much." Even though there were so many people present there, it still felt like I was alone so I put on my AirPods and listened to some really upbeat songs but due to the lack of happiness and mood, I fell a sleep in between as the plane soared in the sky. 

In a few hours, I opened my eyes to see that there was a lot of hustle and bustle around me, "Ma'am we'll be landing in about 15 minutes, so please be prepared." I nodded my head as I rubbed my eyes, unable to form a sentence due to my drowsiness. "Thank you, could I get a glass of water?" The air hostesses handed me a glass and I downed it in one second as I could barely survive the thirst. The plane touched down and I unfastened my seatbelt; sudden fear rose up in my throat as I remembered that I was here alone and I had the difficult responsibility of socializing with rich douchebags and I was seriously in a bad mental state. I sort of had a pre-divorce with my so-called husband and I should feel liberated but I felt trapped, like no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn't be able to get out of this circle. Whenever I thought of Reed, my breath hitched because I felt like a traitor, who had promised a contract but broke it; however, it was not my fault since I only wanted to do something that anybody with common sense would do, let go of something that harmed them, like a drug. Reed undoubtedly was a drug, an addictive yet harmful drug, a complex character who slowly unravelled with time. A cold shiver ran down my spine as I remembered that time when he was about to kiss me that day, would things be any different between us? How would it feel anyways? Should I have let it happen? The answer always came out to be, no. 

"Ma'am the car is ready, you'll be taken to the hotel from here." I got out of my daze and climbed down the stairs, seeing an Audi waiting for me. The driver opened the door for me and we drove off, I opened my phone and signed into the car wifi and saw a ton of messages, mostly from my parents and an unknown number, who also messaged me. After much investigation, I found out that it was the company's regional manager in France, whose name was Haley. She would be waiting for me at the hotel and then I decided to call her. "Hello, is this Miss Haley speaking?" There was a lot of distortion from the other side, "Yes Ma'am, this is Haley Valderez, your parents have spoken to me about your visit, I am waiting in the hotel lobby." I replied, "Thank you so much Ms. Valderez, I am on my way." The noise grew louder and I decided to hang up as my ears would start bleeding. The streets of Paris were nothing less than heaven, bright city lights and a lot of people. How come this was my first time? Nobody ever told me that vacations were this fun and exciting, who could when I always wanted to be drowned in work? In about an hour, we reached the luxurious hotel that looked nothing less than a Victorian castle or the Versailles Castle. "This is it Ma'am." I paid the driver some money and the chauffer opened the door for me, "Bonjour madame, nous sommes si heureux de vous avoir ici." I had no idea what he was saying so unsuredly replied, "Merci." I walked in the lobby and I spotted a beautiful young woman, with blonde bangs in a leather jacket sitting on the chair. "Bonjour ma'am, welcome to Paris, I am your assistant for the business conference and as long as you stay here." I nodded, "Thank you so much Ms. Valderez." She waved her hand, "Please, call me Haley."