Chapter 10

Violet's POV
"We are gathered here to celebrate the wedding of Mr. Reed Wilson and Dr. Violet Emery Carlot." I looked into Reed's eyes which had an unexplainable emotion in them, perhaps he loathed the idea as much as I did. "Violet, do you take Reed Wilson to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish him, for better or for worse?" I gulped, the answer was at the tip of my tongue but my brain wouldn't budge. "It's not too late Violet, wake away from this, run away," Reed whispered, but I was not a coward. "I do." Reed gritted his teeth and he was super angry at me but I had no choice. I mouthed, "I'm sorry Reed, but I'm bound." He calmed down a bit but still there was loath written all over him. "Do you Reed Wilson, take Violet Emery Carlot to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish her, for better or for worse?" There was a pause, "I...do." Now, the worst part came and the pit of my stomach became empty, the kissing part. I did not want a loveless kiss, "Now, you may kiss the bride." My eyes shot at him, "No Reed no!" I whispered. He sighed as he bent down and kissed me slowly on the cheek, the kiss lasted merely for 5 seconds. Everybody erupted in cheers, "Throw the bouquet." I turned on my back and threw it in the air, I really hoped someone I knew would catch it. I turned around to see, my friend Sarah had caught it. I smiled at her but then I noticed Reed next to me, my smile turned into agony. We both walked outside the venue, shaking hands and going towards the beach where the dinner table was set.

"Congratulations dear, we are so proud of you, you look so pretty!" Mrs. Wilson hugged me. "Congratulations bub! We are so happy for you," Dad exclaimed. "I'm...sorry Reed, is it...too late now?"

Reed's POV

I knew from the very beginning that she wouldn't run away but when she walked down the aisle my heart did a thousand somersaults, Melanie was a top-model but Violet looked no less, her dress was conservative but it was just so elegant. I knew that she was against being touched as our contract stated so I did not kiss her and Melanie of course, she could see me getting married in a contract but a kiss would cause her to become queasy. We sat at the table, dinning, when a server brought champagne, that was all I needed. "Signora would you like some champagne?" Violet smiled, "No thank you, I don't drink, water would be fine." 

"Splendid Signora!" Who was this girl, did she live under a rock before? "Make a toast Violet!" my cousin George demanded. Violet turned pale, as if she didn't know what to say. "Go on Violet!" George beckoned. "I uh...would like to propose this toast of water or champagne to a happy marriage ahead." Did she purposefully not say long? Everybody cheered, thank God, everything died down. After a prolonged dinner, it was time for our flight back home. "We'll miss you Violet, do visit us!" Mrs. Carlot requested. "Of course Mom, each day after work, I'll visit." Thank God, she wouldn't be around that much, that means more time for me and Melanie. After our final goodbyes, we boarded the plane at the hangar. We both sat at opposite seats.

Violet's POV

An awkward silence settled between us, this was going to be a long journey home. "So...you can go change, your wedding dress, there's a bathroom over there." Okay, this is more awkward than what I thought. "Okay, thank you." I went inside the room, my favorite black hoodie with mom jeans was in my bag so I opened it and changed my clothes. To add more flair, I added a black cross-body Gucci bag with Airforce 1s. The wedding dress was given to the flight attendant who neatly packed it away. I re-did my hair in a ponytail and let my makeup be. Now, I was in work mode, I took out my laptop to complete my medical presentation. How utterly amazing, a married couple, sitting opposite each other and working on their laptop. Reed took out his phone and dialed a number. "Hello babe!" I smiled, how madly can people be in love. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you so much for asking, yes, we'll meet tonight." I was joyous that Reed did have someone to keep him company for 4 years. "Yes, love you bub. See you." He then hung up the phone. Everything was again silent, I didn't even spare him a glance.