Chapter 22

Reed's POV

"Babe, I got a call from the modelling agency so I have to go now, are you sure you're okay?" Why did Melanie have to leave right now? "Yeah, I'll be okay but you'll come back here after everything ends at work?" She smiled, "Of course, I'll be here." I hugged her goodbye and she shook hands with Violet, I thought women were supposed to loathe each other. "Lets continue the game since Alexander came out of the supposed dark room, covered in uh, you all get it." I internally gagged at the scene before me. Violet, on the other hand, seemed somewhat happy because she had started to open up to new experiences, not going to lie, I found it cute. "Violet, it's your turn, you have to spin the bottle." Violet spun the bottle and it landed on...me! An awkward silence settled among us all, "Okay Violet, do the next spin." She hesitated, "Reed do you wanna play this game or not?" I nodded my head, "Of course, you only live once." She spun the bottle and holy moly hallelujah, it landed on her. "Oooooooh!" There was a louder praise this time, "Fuck my life," I muttered under my breath. "Is it okay if I opt out?" Lindsay grinned, "Nope, you gotta learn to live a little girl, the doctor spirit won't be happy." 

Violet's POV

They practically pushed us inside the closet and then it was me and her. "Look, I'm not kissing anybody Reed, for your information." He grinned, "Who says it's anybody, it's me, I'm just joking, take a joke." I rolled my eyes, "We're not that close that you can joke with me Reed."  He laughed, "It's funny how fate always has different plans for us whereas we just want something else from life." His words resonated with me. "I agree with you, the last thing I needed from life was to get married, it's absolutely horrible how everything went downhill, it's almost been like two months since we got married, anyways, I'm really happy that you and Melanie took initiative, that is the only thing that makes me proud of this whole situation, that at least someone got guts to take initiative of their life." He ran his hand through his hair, "I can't, I just can't look at Melanie in the face, it's all my fault." I was hurt yes, it was a blame game, we ended putting the blame on each other, until we found the correct person to blame for our agony. "This thing wasn't built to last, we should just forget and move on and hope, for all of this to be over." He nodded, "Anyways me and Melanie are leaving for France tomorrow, it will definitely blow off some steam." An uncomfortable silence settled between us, it was awkward and different, a more demanding one, the same silence that settles between people who have said every word in them. I parted my lips to speak but someone entered the closet, "Aww come on you guys, no kiss, you're seriously the most boring couple on planet Earth." Reed looked at me apologetically, sometimes, I forgot that I was the one fighting these demons, running away from the ones that built others. I excused myself from the party and went to my balcony, the New York city looked divine, almost alone. Nobody cared about each other's worries, it was beautiful, rather scenic. I breathed in the air as I supported myself on the railing. I played "idontwannabeyouanymore" on the guitar I owned, I wasn't like those skimpy models but I was not a whore, what did this world want me to be? Not a whore and not too simple. It was confusing. 

After laying on my bed watching a sad teenage movie to further amplify the high school experience, I was broken and shattered but nobody thought that doctors had mental health issues. I was forced into an empty shell marriage, saw deaths almost everyday, lost sudden communication with my parents and was cheated on almost everyday. It was hard but I went on, I didn't have much of a choice. The last of the guests had probably left as I heard Reed shut his door. I picked up my phone and called Mom, "Hi Mom, how are you?" I heard her cry on the other side, "My love, how are you? I am so sorry for not calling you sweetheart, I'm a pathetic excuse for a Mom and daughter like you love." She was sobbing, "Mom, don't cry, it's okay, I love you and Dad, is it okay if I come tomorrow?" She sniffled, "You can come anytime you want love, any time you want." I heaved a labored sigh, "Reed has...constantly been cheating on me and there's so much stress from work everyday, I just, really miss you guys so much." 

"We would love to talk to you sweetheart, Dad was immensely upset but he's currently in his study, you can come for as long as you want tomorrow, then we can talk and I have a good news for you." At least, there was a little ray of hope in my indifferent world.