Chapter 7

Reed's POV

"What movie should we watch Reed?" I smiled at Melanie, who had such an alluring aura, "Whatever you like babe but please it shouldn't be a chick-flick that we've watched for like a billion times." She pouted her lips, "You never watch those with me, but we'll settle with a rom-com." We finally agreed on watching Crazy, Stupid, Love. During the movie, my thoughts drifted back to the accident and how close me and Melanie were to death, and then there was Violet. She saved me, if I was her, I would probably reject myself, I was the one who destroyed her life, for 4 years she would be in a loveless marriage without a relationship; seeing me and Melanie everyday together while she sulked in work. "Hey babe, why didn't you reject the wedding?" I gulped, "I had no choice babe, it's for a public display so that I could improve my reputation." But destroying her was a price that I had to pay for my personal gains. "She is such a sweet person, she stayed up with me and kept me distracted from the pain, anybody who'd have her would be a lucky person." Indeed, anybody who had her would be lucky. "She's a doctor babe, it was her job." I compensated her kindness. "But still, she told me her shift had ended." I was afraid that this was a bad decision for her and I would try to convince my parents to think otherwise but they wouldn't budge. 

Violet's POV

We sat at our breakfast table, only a few minutes away from choosing the wedding decorations. "We're going to be late Violet dear, the driver's waiting outside and the Wilson's car is already there." I got up from my chair, nothing was going the way I had planned. "Yeah coming dad, I was just...thinking," I excused myself. Tomorrow, I had a 24 hour shift and I was going to die from exhaustion and stress. The car ride was silent since there wasn't much left to say, I was being bartered off for 1460 days. We reached the wedding planner, her office was decorated with pictures of her previous achievements, but did I believe in fairy-tales anymore? No, never. Reed was sitting with his parents, they stood up at our sight. Reed looked flustered and he had lipstick stains on his collar!? What did this man want to do with his reputation? I sat opposite Reed on the rectangular table, this was going to be one awkward meeting. "So tell me Stella, how do you want this wedding to be?" Why were they asking me? I guess they wanted to numb the already existing pain. "Simp-" 

"Lavish and immaculate!" Mom interrupted. "Yeah, that's the point, the wedding should be one for the cameras!" Mrs. Wilson also joined in. I looked at Reed who was absolutely quiet, he had a poker face on. "Reed love, what do you think?" Mrs. Wilson inquired. "Whatever you want, I would be happy to tell if it was me and Melanie getting married." Then an awkward silence settled between us. "That's the point, no one's asking me what I want, I'm the one being bartered off and it's me who has to be alone all this time drowning in work, I'm just exhausted," I exclaimed in anger. It was funny how no one glared at me, I covered my face with my hands, I made a mistake, a bad one. "I'm sorry, I was just stressed, you guys can do whatever you want." 

"Violet, can I have a word with you?" Reed asked me, and my heart went flat-line. I looked up to see him staring at me whilst both of our families talked in hushed tones. "Yes sure." Reed excused us and we both went outside. "Once again Violet, you don't have to do this, you can run away from the altar, no one will ask anything, just walk away." I glared at him, "I can't let my parents down, they've done so much for me, I gave up their career choice and I just can't Reed, I can't." He looked angered, "Then you're in for a ride Violet, because you'll be alone for 4 years, no relationship whatsoever, mind I tell you that you inflicted this condition upon yourself, and there will be no place for you in my heart other than Melanie." I grinned, "I don't expect anything from you Reed, like I said, you can be intimate with in front of me but I still wouldn't care, have a child with her, but I wouldn't budge, but I'd be happy to deliver the child." With that, I walked away.