Chapter 12

Reed's POV

The next morning of our wedding, I saw that Melanie was already gone because she left a note on the fridge; however, Violet was nowhere to be seen. I looked everywhere just to make sure she didn't run away or go to work because we were lying to people that we were on our "supposed" honeymoon. I knocked on Violet's door, "Violet, are you here?" I didn't hear a reply, "Yeah, do you need anything?" Thank God, she didn't do something stupid. "No, nothing really, I was just making sure you were inside the apartment." There was silence on the other side, "Yeah, you don't have to worry about me." That hurt, oof. "Fine." I had planned a date with Melanie today so I decided to get ready, I chose a black dress shirt and khaki pants, I looked good, I wonder what Melanie would think? She was my lifeline, I breathed for her, and life decided to give me someone who was her complete opposite, Melanie was curvy and ravishing, while Violet was cadaverous in sort of a "good" way but she was nothing compared to the love of my life. Her eyes, don't get me started, you could drown in them and still feel blessed because she was like ecstasy. The more I tasted her, the more I wanted her. I walked outside my room to find the island set with my breakfast on it while Violet was already eating, "Oh, I made you breakfast, I didn't know you were going out." I was starting to get ashamed, "No, I'm going out with Melanie for breakfast, don't wait for me, I'll be back late." She nodded her head, "Yeah cool, when will our supposed get-away end?" I could understand her feelings, staying home was going to be terrible for someone who was a workaholic. "It's fine, you can start work tomorrow."

Violet's POV
Those were the best words I could hear right now, I was hating being dictated by him but I had to make sure our plan would work out. "Okay then, have a good day." He hummed a good-bye. I cleaned up the dishes and after staring at my hard work, I felt devastated, I would never let food go to waste, there were poor people all around the city who would be dying for a morsel of that food. "I'll give it at afternoon, I'm not in the mood right now," I explained to myself. I decided to shower and get ready for the day at home, I decided on a black dress shirt, layered golden necklace and dark blue jeans. I decided to be more productive and complete some presentations for the day, have a 15 minute workout and prepare the ingredients for dinner, for myself because I knew that Reed would not be hungry and I couldn't let good food go to waste. I put on a grey cardigan over my clothes and a scarf because I decided to give the food to an elderly woman sitting outside, of course, I had to. "Thank you so much dear!" She exclaimed. "You're welcome, enjoy!" I came inside my apartment and since there wasn't much to do, I decided to play my favourite song on the guitar, which was Sam Smith's "I'm Not The Only One." Some people said that my voice was angelic but I just knew that it was not, I never liked to compliment myself, self-praise was never my thing. I closed my eyes to get a different vibe while strumming the chords, I was so lost in the lyrics that I didn't even notice that the door opened, God forbid, it could be a robber. I strummed the last chord and my worst nightmare stood in front of me, "You have a pretty decent voice and I didn't know you played the guitar." Shit, this was not supposed to happen. "Oh thanks, I didn't know you were standing there, how-long have-have you been standing there?" Okay this was awkward. "Most of the song, but jokes aside, you're a good singer and guitarist." I was dumbfounded, "Thanks I guess, I didn't play for a long time, work and all." I got up from the couch and was about to go to my room, "So uh, at what time do you get free from your shift tomorrow?" Did he just ask me that? I cocked an eyebrow,"Do you need anything? I get free at 3 pm tomorrow." What was he implying? "You know since we're in the same house and we have to make this workout one way or another so lets get to know one another, as friends, so do you want to go for a bike ride at Central Park?" Did he have a break-up? "Yeah sure, so does 4 suit you?" He smiled, "Sure does, thanks for agreeing." I shrugged, "Sure anytime." I closed the door and leaned against it, what just happened? Then I remembered, his hair was tousled and he reeked of alcohol, was he drunk? Of course he was with Melanie, well I'll get to know in the morning.