Chapter 59

Reed's POV

I stood on my balcony, there was no possible feeling inside me, it was just a dark feeling that consumed every fibre of my being, I didn't know what to do now, Violet was the reason I woke up each morning, she looked and smelled like the first rays of sunshine on a beautiful spring day, her pure and unpolluted heart was enough for me to go about and each day, seeing her in the apartment after work was my motivation. I just didn't know how to appreciate her, maybe there was something wrong with my words, or was there something wrong with me? My head was hurting due to these thoughts, I just felt like a sore loser but for Violet, I was ready to feel anything, even if it meant hurting my own self esteem. I wanted her so bad, not her body, her soul, her presence, that was all I needed. I was being selfish, because I knew that she didn't feel the same way, how could she? I damaged her, I don't know how much she cried in her apartment, if there was ever a time machine, I would go back in time and hug her, tell her that I was sorry, be there for her but it was only my imagination. I poured myself a glass of water, drinking it on my balcony, after the ball today, I was going to fly back to New York, I couldn't tolerate all this, being in the same proximity as Violet was torture, no matter how hard I tried, I felt so vulnerable, what if I said something that would hurt her, when I was younger, my grandmother told me when you were ready to give up anything for someone, that meant you were madly in love. If Violet told me that I was to live in a ditch, giving away my business, I would do it in a heartbeat; but now I was ready to move on. I saw my suit lying on the bed along with my shoes; after a quick shower, I changed into my clothes and got ready by styling my curly hair and applying my signature perfume that earned me a lot of compliments. 

After fixing my cuffs, I walked outside with my bodyguards who would escort me to the venue, but as soon as I walked out, I saw the prettiest girl I had ever seen, Violet. My heartbeat escalated, she wore a black gown with a cape and her hair were tied up in a bun, our eyes met for a brief moment but she averted her gaze but there were enough stares for me along the way, every woman looked at me but I did not care, the only person I loved did not even spare me a single glance so what was the point. A girl came in my path, "Reed, how are you?" I tried to be polite, "Hi, I am great, how are you?" She air-fanned herself, "I am good, do you remember me?" I was confused as to who she was, "I have no idea, I am sorry, sorry but I am in a little rush, I will meet you a little while later." The girl huffed but I walked past her as I was in a hurry, after sitting in my car, I scrolled through my emails, it started to rain but there was only slight drizzling, a beautiful Paris night with rain, but sadly this would be my last, who knew that things had to end this way, I sighed a little. In about 20 minutes, we reached an absolutely stunning Victorian building with a queue of cars but my team got me off first, opening the umbrella, I walked inside, feeling like someone from the immaculate era, there were stone statues around me, built with the most intricacy and I was tempted to explore more but I had other things to do, so I walked along. "Reed, my boy, how are you?" Mr Alexander, an old business colleague approached me and I put up a fake warm smile, "Hello Mr. Alexander, it's absolutely wonderful to meet you, how is everything going for your business?" He smiled, leading me to the ballroom where there was a whole crowd of people, chatting and enjoying themselves, I took my time to analyse the whole dancing area but there was nobody I knew, specifically Violet, she was the only one I cared about in this crowd but I shook the thought out of my head. "I am great, I would like for you to meet my daughter, your father informed of the divorce, I was hoping you'd talk to Daphne here," he moved closer, "She's a big fan and of course, the business deal will be double this time." He motioned for his daughter to come over, who was already up on another man, not a good look. "Mr. Alexander, I want you to know that I am not looking for any rebounds at this time, however your daughter is beautiful and I hope she finds someone better." With that, I patted his back and walked forward.