WELCOME

"Who else are in the team?" Yoonji asked as her and Chan hurried past numerous trainees who gave curious glances at the two.

They were going to meet the other members in the boy's team and to say that Yoonji was nervous was an understatement. She was terrified. What if they didn't like her? What if they didn't want her to be in the team?

"Well," Chan said thoughtfully "There's 3Racha which I'm a part of. There are three of us. Me, Changbin and Jisung. We're a hip-hop sub-unit. The next person we found was Minho. But it's better to hear it from themselves," The two trainees stopped in front of a door. "Ready?"

Yoonji swallowed back the bile growing in her throat. "Yeah,"

Chan twisted the knob, pushing open the door to reveal a practice room with three other boys who had stopped talking at the sight of them. 

One was fully dressed in black, a triangular face and his eyes scanned Yoonji's frame, curious at her arrival. Another boy resembled a squirrel and his eyes were slightly more cold at seeing her. The last boy looked a little more friendly, well, he wasn't exactly smiling, but he too was interested at the new arrival.

"Guys," Chan introduced "This is Kim Yoonji. She'll be joining our team for the showcase next year,"

"Hello," Yoonji said quietly, bowing.

There was a silence before one of the boys presented himself. "I'm Seo Changbin,". He was the boy dressed in all black. "Good to meet you, Yoonji,"

"Lee Minho," The other boy offered a small smile.

The boy who resembled a squirrel simply nodded. "Han Jisung,"

"It's good to meet you all," Yoonji dipped her head.

The room settled into awkwardness once more, leaving its occupants unsure of what to do with themselves.

"How long have you been training?" Changbin suddenly blurted.

"1 year," Yoonji replied.

"Same as me then," Changbin smiled "I've been here for around a year,"

"I've only just joined," Minho piped up from his place "I auditioned for Cube,"

"3 years," Jisung's voice had no warmth in them as he spoke "I was in D.E.F Academy before to practice rapping,"

"And I've been here the longest," Chan let out a heart chuckle but Yoonji could hear the pain in his voice. He was really desperate to debut, and if they won the showcase, then they would be able to do it.

He exhaled. "Now that we've met, I'm here to tell you all that throughout the remainder of this year, I'll be looking for more members to join our team. Meanwhile, we'll meet up for practices and such. Sound good?"

There were a few grunts and a nod of approval that went through the room as Chan turned to Yoonji. "You can go back to your friends if you'd like," He said before grinning "Welcome to the team,"

Yoonji felt a smile take over her place. "Thank's for inviting me," She beamed before hesitatingly waving at the other boys, two of whom waved back. She exited the room.

As they heard the door close, Jisung raised an eyebrow. "A girl? Really? In the boy's team? Does PD-nim know that you're doing this hyung?"

"PD-nim said to choose those who had most potential," Chan countered "And you haven't heard her sing. She's brilliant,"

"I don't know, Chan hyung," Changbin rubbed the back of his neck "Don't get me wrong, she looks super cool and good but let's say we make it to debut. How are the public going to react?"

"Changbin's right," Minho nodded "No denying her singing skills, but there's also the matter of public approval. You know just how criticising fans can be,"

"I'm not taking her out of the team," Chan said firmly "She is an excellent vocalist and a good dancer. PD-nim entrusted me with the decision of who to put in this team, and I think she's perfect,"