Chapter 24

((Been a while...I know...wrote a lot on my Micro Word, but you know how wattpad gets. Anyways vote, comment and comment!!! Please and Thank you!

-Love Ventia!))

The next few hours passed in a daze, I was being pampered head to toe. For an odd reason, I hated the way that Vincent's servants stared at me. Their movements were oddly slow as though they were trying their hardest not to move in a regular speed. Their eyes eerily found mine and before they would touch me, they would hesitate as though I was about to hurt them.

I frowned and wondered why in hell they were acting this way. But as the hours passed I felt as though something was wrong. Incredible wrong. Now, I was wearing a yellow dress and to be honest I hated it. The stupid material was rough against my skin and I felt very uncomfortable, all I wanted was some sweats and a tank top but Vincent said that I hated those things and that he was worried about me. So not wanting to cause my "husband" problems i just went along with it.

But still, I couldn't believe that I had a husband. I was only nineteen? Wasn't I? And it kind of sucked that my body recoiled away whenever Vincent tried to touch me. I racked my mind for any kind of memory but couldn't get anything. Vincent said that my parents would be coming but I couldn't even remember them.

Walking down a staircase, my white high heels made me taller and unable to walk. Yeah I should have been resting, but I just couldn't. For some reason I wanted to run away, the thought made me laugh causing people to look at me.

During the hours I had noticed something. I could hear, smell, and see more than I thought normally and I've noticed that Vincent's servants and he didn't have any heartbeat and that they didn't breathe. So as I walked towards them, i kept my face guarded and turned to where they said the kitchen was.

If I was married to Vincent, I should be used to these people...why in hell do I want to kill them? My mind ran around in circles as I opened the refrigerator. Unknown things stared back to me, and then slowly I started to remember. Nothing serious, but I remember what a apple was, how to cook some eggs, and how to shoot a gun.

My head snapped back at the thought and instantly my body started to hurt. But not that physical pain like I would have thought, it was more of a mental pain. My body craved something, trembled with anticipation of that something. My hands shook and something started to spark inside me when I noticed the long knife that was laid on the counter.

My hand trembled in need to grab it, to use it, to feel the warmth of the silver in my procession. i blinked, trying to place these unknown emotions under control. The smell of rust and dew alerted me that someone was coming. I ignored the temptation, the natural instinct to grab the knife and reopened the refrigerator so that I could grab some food.

Soon I could hear soft footsteps coming behind me and as a shiver went up my spine, I grabbed an apple and sunk my teeth into it.

"Scarlett." Someone spoke, their voice deep and dangerous. I turned in time to see Vincent's face before his arms settled on my waist and pulled me in for a hug. His mouth pressed against my neck, my body acted on itself and pushed the man away. The apple crushed in my fist and its juices spilling down my arm.

"Sorry...you scared me." I gave him an innocent smile while I threw the apple into the garbage tin, not knowing why the hell I just did that.

"It's okay darling, it was my fault for scaring you right after you regained consensus. But the sight of you standing there was so normal that I forgot about your little accident." His lips moved, his voice softening and yet those brown eyes harden. I gulped and then nervously smile.

"What's up?" I asked, he had come for me for a reason right?

"Oh yes, your parents are here. I took them to our room, thinking you were in bed but you are here. Shall we see them?" His arm was outstretched, but I didn't want to touch him. The thought confused me, so against my will I took his arm, tried not to allow the disgust show on my face and together we walked back the flight upstairs.