Chapter 7

"Because sometimes you need to let go of the people you love."

I sat up from the bed, we had just finished decorating the room with my stuff. And by we I meant Luke, Dominic and I. They helped me put away my clothes, they brought in a desk so I could place my laptop on it. They even helped me take off the bed sheets and put on my own. I told them it was because I liked my sheets but in reality I hated how much this room smelled like Samuel. So I mopped the floor about three times and I scrubbed chairs and table. And finally I sprayed half a bottle of body spray until I was choking on the sweet aroma of lavender.

My fathers words kept on repeating throughout my brain.

I remembered how my mother had pressed a finger to my lips.

"If you loved her so much, then why push her away?" Dominic's voice had drifted upstairs. And then a long paused until my fathers voice drifted upstairs as well.

"Because sometimes you need to let go of the people you love."

For a second the words didn't register until silent tears had ran down my cheeks. My mother was silently weeping as well. Then she wiped away both our tears and then started clattering about nonsense. We had finished putting the last things in the boxes when Jared came in and started to talk with us.

I remembered the feel of dads arms around me, and I immediately relaxed.

I was happy that we ended my visit on a good hand and that we were good now.

My dad had called in the middle of me reorganizing my room to tell me that the funds were now in my bank and we had talked about random stuff for a couple minutes until we awkwardly said bye.

I closed my eyes and took off my slippers. Hearing the silent thud as they came in contact with the floor. Then I snuggled into my covers and soon drifted off to sleep.

For the second day in a row, breakfast awoke me. I brushed my teeth with my tooth brush and toothpaste and then pulled off Dominic's shirt and my shorts.

Even though I had my own oversized shirts to go to sleep with, the temptation was too sweet to resist. And his husky scent had a way of making me relax.

I made excuses for myself as I changed into my own clothes and pulled on my sandals, zipping the zipper at the back. Then I brushed out my hair really fast because the food was calling me, once all the nots and tangles were out, I left the brush on the sinks counter and rushed out of the room while my stomach growled at me for not getting there fast enough.

Once again the room was loud enough to blow my eardrums but I just smiled. I was happy to know that there was no awkward silence as I walked in. Some people said hi as the others stuffed their faces. If everyone kept on eating the way they were I was pretty happy that dad gave me the amusement park. Joah was cooking and placed eggs and sausages onto a plate. He placed it on the counter behind him and winked at me.

"Come on Scar Scar, food doesn't taste good cold." He said as he gave me another ear to ear grin.

"Then you obviously never had ice cream. I don't think that would taste good if it was hot." My fork brought up a sausage, and I moan at the taste.

While Joah chuckled, and shook his head. Another plate was placed my Joah on the area next to me as a smiling Dominic seated himself there.

"So my dear Scarlett, what are your plans for today? Anymore favors for me?"

"Not that I know of." I said in between bites of my breakfast. My heartbeat beating crazily when he was me his dear.

The chair next to me was taken by Luke. He held out his hand showing a iPhone. My phone.