Chapter 5

I woke up to the aroma of breakfast, pancakes, sausages, egg, orange juice drifted along my nose as utensils scraped against plates. Lazily I sat up and stretched, yawning as I got off the bed and blindly went toward the direction of the bathroom.

I stumbled on my shoes and got hit by a chair but I finally reached the bathroom. Locking the door behind me I started to take off my clothes and then let cool water run down my body. I gasp as freezing cold water penetrated my body making me wake up instantly and then relaxed as my body got used to the water.

After a quick rinsing, I dried myself and walked to the bedroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I leaned down and picked up my clothes and quickly placed them on. After I tied my boots, I went toward the bathroom and checked myself in the mirror. My long black wet hair clung to my scalp making my big gray eyes stick out. My lips were dry and I quickly lick them, then I shacked my head and headed towards the door. I followed the trail of aroma and went inside a room that was crowded and loud.

They quiet down when they saw me but I waved my hand telling them to continue.

Waking towards the kitchen, a tall man with brown eyes and hair stood holding a pan. He smiled when I reached him and I smiled back as I sat on a stool.

"Glad you could join us, Alpha, my names Joah, what you want for breakfast?"

"You can call me Scarlett and I guess pancakes with orange juice."

The big man smile widely, "Sure thing Scar."

I laughed at the nickname and relaxed into the high chair. Closing my eyes and listening to men munch on their foods, their loud voices booming into my ears and pans sizzling with food.

The stool next to mine creek as Dominic sat down. His musky scent overpowering my senses. There was something about him that made me oblivious to him, that made me notice him.

I pop one eye open to stare at his figure. He was talking to Joah, his long fingers tapping against the wooden counter. He was wearing jeans and a black drees shirt, which he rolled up the selves showing long arms with his veins popping out. Then as if could feel my stare he turned toward me and I quickly shut my eye.

"Hello Scarlett." His voice was near my ear making me flush. I looked at him and smiled.

"Hello Dominic, I have a favor to ask." His eyebrow went up in questioning what.

"Could you drive me to my old pack's territory. I need to collect my belongings."

The room became silent before the last word left my lips.

"That's not a good idea, Scar." Joah said placing my plate of pancakes in front of me.

"I agree with Joah, you don't know what they'll do to you now since your not one of them." I felt his stare as I ate. The sweet taste of the syrup ran along my tongue as I kept eating. Finally after I cleared the plate, I gulp down the orange juice and glared at Dominic.

"I am one of them. I am their child and they will not do anything to me, if you do not remember it was you guys who KIDNAPPED me and TORTURED me. My family will never strike me, understood?" I glared deep into his blue eyes and then turned to face everyone else.

"That goes for everyone else. If you talk bad about my family or their pack then your cursing me as well, understood? And I will go back there because I need to get my things so I can permanently move here. End of discussion." I gave Dominic another glare and stood up with my dishes going over to the sink and giving them a rough scrubbing and then drying them before I placed them back on the counter.