Chapter 13

By the time I got home, my wolf was the one ignoring me, silent but with the occasion growl that told me that she wasn't happy with my decision and that she wasn't going to follow it. I rolled my eyes at her and entered the house to see my pack sitting around uncomfortable while Bane was happily seated on an armchair. Mentally I groan but I walked towards him.

"Now what?"

His face scrunched up as he breathed in the air, but he shook his head and leaned over me in a flirtatious motion.

"You smell different...anyways darling I was just about to tell your little lap doggies that-"

"Bane do me a favor and quit the act, it's really getting old." I said over him. Bane gave me a look and shrugged.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, how's the human?"

His interest in Angie was suspicious but I told him that she was fine.

"You really do smell different Scarlett, almost as though you mated..."

"I didn't mate," I said wearily and planning on just telling him off when my wolf flicked up her ears and started to purr, my body began to go warm and then the door opened.

"I found my mate." I told Bane as Dominic and I locked eyes. I couldn't help it, the possessive look that Dominic gave me made me feel all warm and...happy that I just blurted it out.

For the second time that day everything became silent but I didn't even notice as my body heated up and my wolf demanded to be let out. Dominic's fresh scent of mint and rain filled my nostrils and my loins clenched. He began to walk closer to me but stopped and went over to Joah and sat next to him.

I shook my head and stared at Bane, I knew he was curious, I could feel it but I wasn't going to say anything.

"How could you use rouges like that?"

"What? Oh those...so? I told them to stall you, not attack, well at least you took out some of them, they were really annoying." He flicked his wrist and starting laughing.

"I can't accept the fact that your mated. I mean after Vincent-" my hand slapped over his mouth and I stared at it in disbelief. My body had moved on its own at the sound of his name, my bite mark beginning to pound. What was happening to me?

"Enough chit chat, Bane do you think if I ask those rogues to join me, would they?" My voice was shaky but by the time Bane answered me, my emotions were in check.

"I wouldn't count on it, would you join the pack that killed your comrades?" He probably saw the answer in my face and laughed.

"I didn't think so. Well darling I'll see you soon, Hell is calling." With that he stood up, staring at my pack and laughing as he walked out of the door.

No one moved until the door closed and then Luke was grabbing Dominic by the collar.

"You marked her? When you knew that I liked her?" Luke's eyes began to turn gold as he barked at Dominic.

A sudden burst of anger came over me when I saw that Dominic was in danger. My wolf growled, snapping her teeth furiously, and was finally for once tonight on my side as we were preparing to save our mate from danger when Dominic took Luke's hand and squeezed it tightly until I heard bones cracking. Lukes face was filled in pain but he refused to back down, then in one swift motion, Dominic had Luke trapped underneath him, his eyes calm and his body relaxed even though he was breaking Luke's bones.

"Do not touch me, and more importantly Scarlett was always mine, so don't think that anything is going to stop me from claiming what is mine." Then Dominic stood up and walked towards me.

My body burn for him and I desperately wanted to sink my teeth into him and make him mine but I was supposed to be angry at him, I couldn't just fling myself to him and kiss the hell out of him...couldn't I? No? No! I couldn't, I shouldn't and then before I made a bigger fool of myself I ran out the door and into the forest.

It was still morning as I ran though the forest, the earthy smell seemed to loosen up my feelings as my heart hammered against my chest.

My body was still burning, still acheing for him.

I wanted to turn back and go into his arms, but I couldn't.

Not only did he allow that ass to punish me, but once he finds out about Vincent, well he wouldn't want me then.

I stopped and walked over to a tree, sliding down, looking up and seeing the blue sky framed by the dark green leaves.

For a few seconds I just breathed, and then I started to think about what I was going to do to avoid Dominic. I could probably stay at the office until dark, but then I wouldn't be a good alpha. Dammit, why couldn't I still be in school? At least then I would have an excuse to leave the house.

Then when I realized what I just said and I started laughing like crazy. Here I was, an alpha and I was worrying over my mate? And losing my cool? Damn what happen to me?

In response my wolf barked then flopped down and closed her eyes. I laughed at her reactions but closed my eyes as well.

I was aware of myself falling to sleep, but didn't when I felt him. Leaves crushed softly as he walked over to me, his gaze making me heat up. I demanded my eyes to stay shut as I felt him get nearer. His rich minty smell made me relax into the tree but at the same time made my body ache for him.

Finally he stood before me, his height casting a shadow over me. I could hear his heart beating a mile a minute and couldn't help but smile.

Dominic sat beside me and gently pulled me into his embrace, making me heat up even more but then he sighed as if a burden was lifted from his shoulders and he tightened his arms around me.

A few minutes passed until I needed to move away from him. My body was now on fire because of him. My wolf was going insane at how close we were but we weren't mating yet, I tried calming her down but nothing worked, she jumped up and down, she barked, growled, scratch and howled, begging me to mark him.

"Dominic."

"Yes love?"

"We can't be together."

He stayed quiet, his body rigged under mine. A part of me wanted to look at his face but the other part was too scared to see his pain.

"Why?"

"We just can't," I pulled away from his arms and stood up, stretching and then turning over to look at Dominic. He was leaning against the tree, staring at me if I had two heads instead of one.

"Do you honestly believe that I'm going to give you up? Just like that? When I've waited so long? Sorry babe but your stick with me until the end of our lives." He started to walk over to me and then cupped my face.

His dark blue eyes searched mines and then he smiled.

"You don't understand Dominic, there are things that you don't know about me."

"Scarlett be quiet and look into my eyes."

I did, "I don't care about anything as long as your by my side," he said, caressing my face with his thumb, his eyes lighting up as he spoke.

"and yes I'm sorry for not saving you sooner from Samuel but please forgive me, and believe me when I say that I love you."