95: Akamichi Choji

Choji is always been Shikamaru's best friend. Where can you see Shikamaru, he was always with him. He was always dependent to his best friend and never have his own opinion voice out because of his insecurity.

Now, as usual, Shikamaru and Choji is in the Playground, playing Shogi. Choji never win to Shikamaru but he was slowly progressing to this kind of game. Maybe a perks of having a Genius Best Friend.

"Can I play that too?" Naruto ask politely. Choji look to who spoke. He was not familiar to him so he frown.

"You know how to play this?" Shikamaru ask. Naruto nodded and smile, Choji can see the eagerness to Shikamaru's eyes as if he was looking forward to this game.

"I miss playing it but no one wants to play Shogi to me," Naruto added. Choji just think of some Ideas so he told Naruto about it.

"Then play with him," Choji said and let Naruto take his place. Choji stand up to let Naruro take over his chair.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto by the way," Naruto introduce himself and offer his hand. Choji jusr accept his hand after he shake hand to Shikamaru.

"Nara Shikamaru, that was Akamichi Choji," Naruto smile and take Naruto's hand and shake. Then Naruto sit in Choji's sit a while ago.

"Nice meeting you both," Naruto said and rearrange the the Shogi board.

While Choji is not good to Shogi, he knows the rules of the game. He can't help but to be awe when he saw that Shikamaru is getting serious to the game. It seems that this Naruto is not simple to rival the intelligence of his best friend.

"Your good towards this," Shikamaru commented while battling with Naruto.

"I love this game as well as Go," Naruto reply simply.

"Wow! You manage to challange Shikamaru," Choji said shocked to that event. Naruto chuckle, Choji can see a satisfied look of Shikamaru. Even if he lost, he was still happy? Sometimes he really can't grasp whats on Shikamaru's mind. Sometimes it can be unpredictable.

"Are you going to be a Ninja? With this analytical abilities, you'll be a fine Ninja," Naruto commented randomly said. Naruto got Choji's attention. He wanted to become a ninja too but a lot of people said that he was too kind to be one.

"Well, my families are all Ninja. I want to but I like to become a ninja not too strong but not too weak," Shikamaru reply and put another piece to kill one of Naruto's pawn. Choji think about what Naruto said. What was his reason to become a ninja? Was this because his father is one? He actually don't know.

"So you wanted to be at the middle? I'll be honest, you should quit if you want to," he seriously said. Shikamaru's bishop hang in the air and look to Naruto with frown. Choji can see it clearly. Is he going to judge him too like Shikamaru? He have an internal conflict right now as the battle proceed. He was just silent thinking what was Naruto saying. He was afraid that Naruto will just say what he told to Shikamaru, to stop being a ninja because he was too kind.

"Huh? What a drag! What do you mean by that?" Shikamaru ask. But Choji curiously stare to Naruto is. Choji also frown because of Naruto's frank comments.

"In the world of Ninja, those who weak or average is intended to die young. You need to become as powerful as you can to survive. If not, someday, you'll regret it. There is a lot of circumstances that you might die or someone who's important you die because of your weakness. As long as you wanted to be a ninja, you need to be strong enough to survive," he explain as he smirk. Choji look shock to Naruto's knowledge about ninja. Was is that true? He don't know the answer.

"Checkmate," he calmly said. Shikamaru and Choji analyze the Shogi board and in just one moves, he will beat Shikamaru. He was corner when he analyze the board, no matter what move he will do, he can't see any escape route. When Shikamaru is corner he can't help but to look at Naruto amusingly. Choji was amaze to Naruto. It is the first time that he saw Shikamaru been beaten other than his father.

"Maybe your right. Troublesome," m Shikamaru murmur. Choji nodded and analyze what Naruto told them.

"So you'll train?" Naruto ask.

"I guess so," Shikamaru reply.

"I can help you both if you wanted to train. Just find me at the Ichiraku Ramen Stand in the hour of 11am to 12 pm," Naruto offered. Shikamaru's eye brows raised but nodded. Choji look worried to his best friend. Wasthe risk worth it?

"Shikamaru! Do you know Go?" Shikamaru nodded. Of course it is a game board, Choji knows that Shikamaru love mind games and thats include the board games.

"Well, lets play that too. Its already been so long the last time I play that," Shikamaru and Choji nodded.

"We'll go tomorrow," Naruto nodded and both went home. Choji ask his parents about the quote that Naruto told him. At first they are shock but Choza told him that Naruto is right. Because of that, Choji decided to accept the offer of Naruto without Shikamaru's influence.

He was happy because this is the first time that he made a decision without Shikamaru. The next day, they met together with Naruto. He felt so nervous but he is already here, he is not someone who will back out now that he decided.

He wanted to become strong.

Strong enough to protect his precious people. Now that he was given a chance to do make it a reality, who is he not to grab it?

--*--

Choji went to the balcony of the UzuKaze Compound. They just finish a huge feast that Lee cook for them. He was actually happy right now. He created a good bond to everyone who become his team mates. The training might hard, but he will never give up now that he is becoming so strong.

--*--

Next Chapter:Lion

Next Chapter:
Lion