XIX

Y/N POV

"Congratulations on winning the meeting!"

"Miss Chairwomen CEO Y/n!"

"Congrats Y/N your hard work payed off!!"

Everyone was smiling. Genuinely smiling. All of them clapping and patting me on the back. Everything I ever wanted... it was all happening. I had finally taken revenge for my mum and me. My dad was finally getting what he deserved with his selfish wife and brat son. I could finally reap what I sowed. I could collect everything I worked hard for and build up this company to everything I imagined it to be. No more shady business. I'm happy... I should be happy... 

Yet I felt cold. Like an empty vessel. Even though people were talking to me I couldn't hear anything. Even though people were smiling at me and acknowledging me... I couldn't see anything. It's like I was just a moving empty vessel living... but not alive. 

When the day had finally come to an end, I packed up my stuff, and took the bus. Taking the car with Bambam killed me... but i couldn't fire him for my own personal reasons that wasn't right. So I gave him a few weeks of leave. Him and Lisa. 

When I arrived, I dragged my feet to my empty house. Void of workers, fake family and a bodyguard. I looked up to my secret room. slowly I grabbed the stool and the sound of it scraping on the floor reminded of me when i first met taehyung. When i slipped on the stool and he caught me. Was it since then... he had been deceiving me?

Once I made it to the top of the room, I opened my fridge in hope of some medicine to numb the pain. Instead what remained was some water and a sticky note. I picked it up and read it.

"I took the alcohol. I don't want you to drink when I'm not around. It's not healthy.... I'm sorry. Please call me when your ready. It's a misunderstanding." I scrunched up the note and threw it. Suddenly my blood boiled. Who was he to play with my heart. With my feelings. But all that anger soon turned into sadness. Because... I couldn't seem to hate him. Because I missed him. 

I curled up on the floor. and just sat there thinking... till i fell asleep.

Taehyung POV

I stared at her window to her room while holding a bag that was filled with her drinks. The house was empty and dangerous. I needed to protect her. I sat outside and open a can of beer and started to sip it. I didn't know what to do. She looked so hurt. So broken. I stuffed up so bad. It made me angry. Suddenly a car pulled up next to me. I looked inside and saw him. My boss and her fiancé. I sighed and opened the door and jumped in. It was silent for a while then he looked at me.

"I'm guessing she found out. About you." I nodded. He sighed.

"Was she angry?" I nodded. He looked out the window and started tapping his finger against his leg. 

"And you? What happened to you.." I looked at him confused.

"Sorry sir? I don't know what you mean-"

"I'm not dumb. You looked so depressed right now. You reek of alcohol and you haven't been responding to me." My eyes widened slightly. I didn't know it was that obvious...

"So... do you like her now?" I stayed silent. I couldn't admit it. Not in front of him. He just scoffed and nodded.

"That's a bit unfair..." I clenched my fist.

"I'm sorry..." He looked at me with anger.

"I'm not giving her to you. Were you hoping I would?" I looked down. 

"She's... not yours yet." He slowly smiled then laughed. He nodded.

"Your right..." He smiled then looked at me and threw me a new phone. So he knew... that it was broken. Did he send someone to watch us. Or was he watching the whole time?

"Keep in contact with me. I'll let you go now. Protect her well." I nodded.

"Yes. sir." He nudged my arm.

"Ayyee. What did I say. When it's just us two call me by my name. Your older than me after all."

"Then... I'll be going now... Jungkook."

"Yep. See you later Taehyung." I walked out and bowed and the car left.