III

"Thank you for coming!" I smiled as the car drive off and the window slowly went up. Once it was fully up I collapsed on the car chair and I kicked of my heels. I started untying the dress that was tightened around the waste the sighed in relief.

"I can finally breathe! UGGHHH!" I smiled then grabbed my phone after receiving a message.

"We are heading to your cousins shop now." Lisa said. I started reading the message.

Jimin - Hey don't come my crush is here. She might leave when she sees you.

"Aishh. Stop the car." Taehyung nodded and parked at the side of the highway. I went out the car and started calling his number immediately.

"Yah y/n. Don't come okay? Just don't."

"YAH JIMIN! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I RISKED TO GO TO YOUR OPENING!?"

"Come on it's just a small opening how could you have risked a lot." I groaned and started rubbing my head that was now beating with an intense migraine.

"I won't come... but you owe me one. I'll visit your main office when I'm free from this lockdown."

"YASS THANKS Y/N! I'LL GIVE YOU ANYTHING! I'M GOING NOW. I'M GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME HAHAHAH!" I nodded and he hung up. He was clearly drunk. I sighed a bit disappointed and upset. Even though Jimin and I fight alot I always end up giving in... this was what it was like. He was my closest friend after all. I stood there for a few secs admiring the stars then walked back in the car.

"Cancel my appointment with Jimin."

"Is everything alright?" Taehyung asked while starting the drive home. I nodded.

"I'm just tired. Let's go home then you guys are dismissed."

After a long drive we arrived home and I got out the car and looked at the two.

"Get home safe Lisa. Taehyung get some rest I don't have anything this morning so sleep in." They both nodded and I made my way inside.

"Miss." I turned and Taehyung was standing there.

"May I speak with you in private?" I nodded.

"Come." He followed me a few metres behind and I made my way into my room.

"Sit..." I said and he sat down on the couch as I grabbed a cup with water.

"Would you like a drink?" I asked. He shook his head and I nodded and slowly walked to my desk. As I did I scanned him. His posture was perfect. Clothes neat, hair perfect and brushed, posture straight and hands in a fist position on his knees. Was he uncomfortable because we were in my room?

"What did you want to speak about?" I asked sitting down and opening my laptop to try get some work done. He cleared his throat then turned on an angle so his knees were facing me. His movement itself had snatched my full attention.

"I can't continue to protect you like this." He bowed while sitting and my eyes widened.

"It's been like 2 days. What's wrong?" He nodded.

"Well... If you'd allow me I'd like to make a lot of adjustments to ensure your safety. Including some rules." I closed my laptop and scanned his facial expressions. He was serious.

"You really don't have to Taehyung- I mean Mr Kim. I'm not in any danger and I have a lot of protection anyway-"

"I was told the bodyguards are put in place not to keep outsiders out... it's to keep you in." I looked at him confused.

"You mean. My father didn't hire them to protect me? But to protect something else." Taehyung nodded and I scoffed. I sighed and looked at him as he didn't break eye contact.

"Why are you telling me this? Didn't my father hire you?" I asked confused. Taehyung shook his head.

"I was hired by someone else... but I can not tell you who." My eyes widened but then it started to make sense. Why my dad had ran out to greet a mere bodyguard and give him a tour. Either Taehyung is a really well known bodyguard or the person who hired him is someone higher than my dad. I nodded.

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell me?" He shook his head.

"I'd like you to give me full authority of the whole household and it's security. I will take charge of your personal and work protection too." I nodded.

"Aren't you already incharge?" He shook his head.

"Your father didn't allow me but if you do I can." My eyes widened and I shook my head fast.

"If my father said no what makes you think I can defy him?" I opened my laptop so I could start some work and he stood up.

"The person I work for has a very prestigious status. But I can not act on my own will at it is not my place. If you command me too I can do everything with authority." I nodded still a bit confused.

"Very well... I will give you full authority of the household security as well as my personal and work protection." He nodded then bowed thanking me.

"I shall come in the morning and inform you of the new placements." I nodded and stood up to walk him out but I suddenly tripped on my desk and fell down the 2 steps. I winced in pain the suddenly Taehyung appeared.

"Are you okay?" He looked at my ankle that was swollen worried and I looked down suddenly feeling like a disappointment or something. A little embarrassed too. He sighed with a hint of anger then lifted me up bridal style. I blushed slightly and looked down as he placed me on my bed.

"Do you have a medic here?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Our family doctor is overseas right now." he nodded then walked out the room for a second. I was mentally punishing myself. I should've just stood up and acted like nothing happened. I groaned then Taehyung jogged back into the room holding a bag of frozen peas and a first aid kit. I watched silently as he took some things out the kit.

"This... my hurt a little. Just because it's cold but it should help the pain." He said. I nodded and he put the frozen bag on my ankle. It stung slightly at first but after a while did numb the pain. He bandaged the the bag onto my ankle so it wouldn't fall of then put a pillow underneath to elevate it.

"Would you like some sleeping pills?" He asked. I usually fell asleep while doing work but I couldn't think at all right now. My head was blank and I just nodded as he gave me my water in my desk and the sleeping pills. I started to feel drowsy immediately.

"I will call a doctor to attend to you in the morning. I don't think it's broken." He said putting the stuff back in the aid kit. He nodded then stood up. My eyelids started to feel heavy.

"Taehyung?" He nodded.

"Yes?"

Thanks... for everything." It was silent.

"You mean Mr Kim." I giggled at his comment and sighed.

"I don't want to call you Mr Kim... Taehyung will do."

"Then I will call you Y/n." He said trying to make me angry, but I just smiled. He said my name in such a nice way... it was strange.

"Fine..." I could feel the pills kicking in.

"The first rule.... you need to follow."

"Hmm?" I said feeling more drowsy.

"Don't fall in love with me."