XXII

I slowly opened my eyes. With my vision blurry I looked to my right feeling a warmth in my hands. I looked closely and someone was holding my hands.

"Tae...hyung?" He looked up with his eyes widened. I blinked a few more times and then I saw who it was. 

"Your awake!?" 

"Ah... Jungkook." I coughed and he sighed and helped me sit up. He then quickly grabbed a glass of water and helped me drink.

"How did you... cough" I started. 

"Don't worry about that right now. How are you feeling. Should I get the doctor? DOCTOR-" I grabbed his arm and I shook my head.

"I'm fine. Really." He sighed then sat back down. 

"They said it was malnutrition and sleep deprivation this isn't like you y/n... did something happen?" I nodded slowly.

"I've just had alot on my mind. I'm sure you heard about what happened with my family." Jungkook nodded.

"Is... that all?" I froze for a second. Hesitant. I told Jungkook before that I liked Taehyung... should I tell him the truth. I sighed at how ridiculous the thought was. I must be desperate to talk to someone. I then nodded.

"Yes. What else would it be." 

"Look... Y/n there's something I need to tell you..." I looked at Jungkook. His eyes were serious. A bit scared I prepared myself till.

"Miss!" The door swung open and Nayeon walked in. She noticed Jungkook and coughed fixing herself up.

"Sorry miss... I have urgent news."

"Yes?" 

"Your fiance is here apparently... I think he's come to visit you." My eyes widened and I sat up fast. Suddenly I felt dizzy and groaned while touching my head. Jungkook held my hand.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and after a while it went away.

"Sorry..." I said to Jungkook. He smiled and shook his head.

"It's okay." He mouthed. I looked up to Nayeon and sighed.

"I have a guest right now. if he does come please tell him to wait." Jungkook looked at me shocked.

"Wha- isn't your fiance the CEO of-"

"Regardless of his wealth or status... you are my friend. He can wait. You were going to tell me something important weren't you..." I looked up at Nayeon and she nodded and left closing the door. I smiled and Jungkook and nodded.

"Continue." He chuckled then nodded.

"I think... I'll tell you another time." He smiled and cupped my cheeks in his hand.

"I'll come visit you when you are dismissed from the hospital okay. Get better and look after yourself. Or I'll have to stick to you like glue." I giggled. 

"Is that meant to be a bad thing?" I smirked and he sighed smiling. 

"I'll leave now okay. Just get some rest. So you can come read books with me." I nodded.

"Okay. Be safe Jungkook. See you soon." He nodded and closed the door. The room was silent and I smiled. But then I remembered how I ended up here. Baekhyun. He was saying something about Taehyung. Was he okay? I groaned and grabbed my phone about to call Taehyung but froze. 

"What am I doing..." I closed my phone and started getting a headache again. I sunk in the bed and looked out the window. 

"Don't worry about that jerk Y/n... don't be so easy." 

TAEHYUNG POV

I didn't know what else to do... but drink. Thinking about it hurt. I guess this is what y/n felt like this whole time in that house. That's why she drank a lot. To numb the pain. It was her only escape then... and my only escape now. I sat on the street staring at the river in front of me. It must've been the drinks... but I could see my younger self staring back at me. With eyes of disgust. Disappointment. It started... pissing me off.

"Hey... don't look at me like that." I glared. He walked up to me slowly and scoffed.

"Why is it so hard to chose." I gripped the soju glass in my hand.

"You wouldn't understand. You're too young."

"...Jungkook gave us a home." I groaned. 

"I know."

"He treated us like a brother."

"I Know."

"He saved us."

"I KNOW!" I smashed the soju bottle down where my younger figure stood hoping to get him away from me. My head hurt and my anger that was built in me suddenly turned into tears.

"If you know.... why is it so hard to chose."

"WHY SHOULD I CHOSE!" I started crying a lot. barely gasping for air.

"WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LOSE ONE TO HAVE THE OTHER! WHY CAN'T I HAVE BOTH!?" I sniffled and wiped my tears sniffing trying to calm down.

"You're... selfish." I took a deep breath in.

"I know." I sighed with a shaky voice and looked up and he was gone. 

Y/N POV

A few days later I was allowed to leave the hospital. It was torture for me to work in bed. I wanted to be proactive. And just like promised... Jungkook had come to pick me up.

"Hello~" I giggled and he picked up my bag of clothes.

"You ready to go?" I nodded and we made our way to the car. I told Nayeon to meet me at the office in the afternoon so me and Jungkook could have some time out before I went back to work. Jungkook helped me in the car and I checked my phone staring at it expecting someone to message. But nothing. I knew I wasn't popular... but to think the only person who cared about my wellbeing right now was Jungkook... really made me feel lonely. And appreciative. Jungkook started the car and I looked at him as he looked at me and smiled.

"Jungkook... thanks for being real with me." 

JUNGKOOK POV 

Sh!t