XXI

I ran into the hospital and saw Baekhyun pacing back and forth. I walked up to him and grabbed his shoulder.

"Where is she?" I said out of breath. He sighed and then started walking. We made it the a VIP room. I looked through the door and saw her connected to a bunch of machines.

"Aishhh." I punched the wall out of anger. I should've been there. My heart sunk. I looked at Baekhyun.

"Tell me everything."

"Hyung. I... you've been a mess since she fired you. Since she became CEO. I don't understand why she was so cold to you! It's unfair... so I went to her today and started yelling at her-"

"What did you say..." I was nervous. I didn't want him to add fuel to her fire. Make things hard for her and me.

"I don't remember. I just... called her selfish. She asked to talk to me privately and I refused and once I finished yelling I left. But I turned around and she collapsed..." I was frustrated. And angry. Why did he have to do that. But he was doing it for me... so it was my fault too.

"Please don't do that again. It's not her fault. And I'm not fired I'm just... keeping space between us right now... its complicated." Baekhyun looked now with a worried expression. I sighed and then her room door opened and a bunch of doctors walked out. I faced them.

"How is she!?" They looked at me confused.

"Are you her guardian?" I wasn't... but she had no other family...

"I am!" I looked back and saw my boss Jungkook. He walked in out of breath and a mess. He saw me then sighed. He must be angry... I didn't report it to him nor did I protect her well. I looked down.

"And you are..." The doctors asked.

"I'm her fiance. Owner of meta the social media group." There eyes widened and they bowed. He just nodded wanting to here her condition. I was desperate too.

"How is she?" They sighed.

"She is stable now. She was overworking herself, sleep deprived and malnourished. She was also under a lot of stress which caused her body and brain to give up her. She just needs good food and rest for the next few days then she should be good." I sighed in relief but Jungkook just seemed angry and worried.

"Thank you, Please look after her well." Jungkook bowed and the doctors were shocked. They bowed and nodded.

"Of course sir. We will ensure a fast, safe and full recovery." Jungkook smiled and nodded and they left. It was silent then he looked at me and signaled me to meet him in the roof. We both walked up there and he sighed before turning to me.

"Taehyung. You know I see you as a brother... you are family to me." I nodded. For a conversation to start like that... I knew what was coming wasn't going to be good.

"Yes Jungkook..."

"And because of that... I was allowing you to be close to her. Even if you liked her... and she was fond of you..."I looked up shocked. He was!?

"But... you proved today that u are not competent enough to stay by her side." He looked at me with eyes full of anger. Hatred.

"You hurt her to such an extent... that she was overworking and not eating. You were so drowned in your own sorrow that you didn't even notice that. And you allowed for you own friend to go and slander her, KNOWING VERY WELL THAT HIS WORDS WERE FAR FROM TRUE. You embarrassed her and even from a distance you torture her. You are not worthy to stand by her anymore... as a partner or as a bodyguard." My eyes widened. Please don't say it.

"You are dismissed from being her bodyguard and must return to my side now. That is not a request from your brother... but an order from your boss." I shooked my head rapidly.

"Jungko- Sir please, I am the only one who can protect her from everyone. I know her well and-"

"So are you going against me?"

"Of... OF COURSE NOT. But sir... aside from my feelings she is not safe without me."

"And yet! You put her the most danger ever... leave. Get your stuff from her house and move it. I will not repeat myself."

3rd Person

Taehyung... although angry and sad, could not defy Jungkook. Because of there past.

Taehyung's parent had eloped and thus when they died unexpectedly Taehyung had no idea who is extended family were. No one to reach out to. Jungkook's family adopted him as a slave. Jungkook however showed Taehyung kindness and were brothers and best friends. He taught him how to fight. He gave him knowledge about the world and about business and more.

Jungkook gave Taehyung a place to call home and a future. It wasn't long after where Taehyung had been promoted to be Jungkook's bodyguard. But Jungkook never belittled him or made him feel like an employee. Taehyung respected Jungkook and vowed to protect him to the day he died. No matter what. That's why when Jungkook revealed his love to Taehyung, he didn't hesitate for a sec to promise Jungkook to help him get his love. It was, afterall Jungkook's only wish in life. Taehyung owed it to him.

That's why Taehyung tried not to fall for her. He denied it. He didn't want to fall in love with her. But he did. And now he didn't know what do. And that fact... killed him inside. That he had to choose one... and break the other.