IX

"Sh*t? Is that all you could say after I did a nice deed." Taehyung said scowling. I facepalmed myself then sat down on my chair.

"Sorry... I forgot it was my birthday tomorrow." I watched as Taehyung's eyes widened.

"How could you forget!? It's the one day in they year-"

"I hate my birthday..." I said looking down remembering every birthday I've had so far. My eyes widened when I realised the tension in the air. I probably made things super gloomy. I forced a smile then shook my head.

"Never mind. Very well cancel everything work related and move it to the day after." Taehyung nodded.

"Well... aside from your birthday banquet... you have the whole day off." I sighed and nodded.

"Then before the banquet...I would like to visit my local live art. Please find out everything about the day whereabouts and such. I should visit while I have the freedom." Taehyung nodded again and started scribbling on his book. He then stood up.

"I will talk with you tomorrow about future schedules. When would you like me to come?"

"You have to come at 5am." His eyes widened.

"5am?" I smiled.

"Sorry I'm a birthday early bird. Make sure Baekhyun is there to pick me up too."

3rd Person POV

Taehyung walked out knowing something was not right and he was sure it had to do with her family. After reporting back to his boss and messaging Baekhyun he scouted the area then went to sleep.

THE NEXT MORNING 4:45am

Taehyung made his way to the garage and opened the door for Baekhyun. He walked in looking fresh and neat and Taehyung smiled.

"Where are we going so early in the morning anyway?" Baekhyun whispered. He whispered because it was still early in the morning even though no one was around. Taehyung shrugged then passed him a paper.

"Just go here for now. She should be hungry so we should make she eats." Baekhyun nodded determined and Taehyung made his way to her room.

Taehyung POV

I knocked on the door softly.

"Miss?" I said trying to get her attention. After repeating that process I froze trying to listen to any signs of life inside.

"I'm coming in." I said a bit louder to give her a chance just in case she was truely deaf and distracted. I walked in slowly and saw her lying on the bed fully changed, face washed, hair done, light makeup on and the strong smell of perfume. Her eyes were closed and I could hear her snoring softly. She must've got up much earlier.

"Miss." I said softly shaking her knee. She bounced up quickly grabbing my hand. I froze shocked and she realised it was me then slowly let go. She yawned and stretched.

"Is it 5 already?" She stood up and made her way out the door. I followed behind slowly watching her stumble over her feet barely awake.

Y/n POV

I opened my left eye slightly to make sure I was in the right direction. I saw the garage door then smiled about to open it.

Suddenly I was pulled back fast. I landed into Taehyungs chest and could feel his rough hands holding mine so gently. The smell of his cologne was so enticing. I was VERY wide awake. I could feel myself blush and looked up slowly. I walked back a few steps so there was space between myself and him. 

"Wh-what is it?" I asked. He let go of my hand then lifted up his other. Instinctively I closed my eyes but felt a weight on my head. I opened my eyes slowly feeling him patting my head. He... was smiling. Just like before with that kid... he was patting my head and smiling. All I could feel was warmth. His warmth. He leaned closer and I just observed quietly as he nodded.

"Happy Birthday Y/n." My heart was pounding out of my chest. He... was the first person to say happy birthday to me. Similar to the old maid that raised me. I quickly shook the sad thoughts away so I wouldn't break down.

"Thanks." I said smiling back. He nodded then let go and walked ahead of me. I smiled and made my way to the car. Baekhyun smiled when he saw me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS!" He yelled. I giggled and nodded.

"Thank you Baekhyun." He nodded and we jumped in the car and were on our way. I smiled.

"Sorry guys for making you wake so early. I'm going to have a nap so you guys can drive around and get some breakfast using my car till I wake up. I'll have my headphones in so feel free to talk." They nodded and I put my headphones in and instantly dozed off.

Taehyung's POV

"She said she was a morning person... she's clearly not." Baekhyun nodded.

"We should let her rest and go eat before deciding where to go next." I nodded and Baekhyun drove while I stared at Y/n. Her eyes lashes were longer than I thought. I froze when I realized I was staring at her.

FLASHBACK

"Thanks." I watched y/n smile. My eyes widened. Was she... always this pretty. I could feel myself blushing and I quickly left so she couldn't see me.

FLASHBACK OVER

"I shouldn't be thinking like this..." I groaned and shook my head then slowly my eyes trailed back at y/n. I then turned and looked out the window.

"If I want to successfully complete the mission my boss gave me... I shouldn't get attached. I don't want to regret it afterward- no I won't regret this. " I sighed frustrated and confused.

"Are you tired?" Baekhyun asked. I shook my head.

"Just go to the place you would like to eat. I will eat there." Baekhyun smirked.

"Don't complain later!" He chuckled and started speeding up and I sighed.

"Yes... I shouldn't complain."