II

"Hello mam," I nodded as my secretary - Lisa - walked in to my room. Once again I was sitting on the window sill staring out to the front of our house so I knew she would come. I opened the window slightly to fell the morning breeze.

"This morning you have a family meeting at breakfast, then at 11 you have to attend the opening of the HamSung shop in the city, at 12:30 you have a brunch with the youth connect group and at 3 you will have to prepare for the dinner party to celebrate the opening of the app - PhaseBook. That will finish at 6 and then you have a face call meeting with the American Director of the New York HamSung Branch. The call will be about 2 hours and will start at 7pm. That is all." The sound of her book closing signified her waiting for my reply. I just sighed and continued to observe the sprinklers jerking from side to side providing freshness to the gardens. I smiled.

"I assume you cancelled my plans with my cousin to fit all that in..." I turned to face her and she bowed.

"I'm sorry mam, your father told me so." I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I will still have a meeting with my cousin so cancel one of them now. I will talk to my father myself." I stood up and made my way out the door. As soon as I did I froze at the new face staring down at the floor a few metres away from me. He looked at me for a quick sec then bowed. The memories of yesterday suddenly flashed.

FLASHBACK

"Are you okay?" I covered my mouth so he couldn't smell the alcohol from my mouth. I stood up properly on my own and nodded.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked. He nodded then took the phone out of his pocket.

"Please give me your number." I giggled.

"You're straight up Taehyung... I can call you that right?" 

"As you're bodyguard I need to get in touch with you often and vice versa." I nodded as bit disappointed at his reaction.

"Feel free to take days off if you need. I don't need much bodyguards." He looked at me confused and I smiled.

"I'm a boring person with a boring life. Even if I wanted to be more mischievous... (I pointed to the window that revealed all the security and dogs outside) My father won't let me. So your job will be boring too I'm sorry. I go to a lot of places often but it's for work only." He nodded.

"We'll see. Then." He bowed turning to leave but froze at the door frame and turned around to face me.

"I'm 21 by the way... so call me Mr Kim, Not Taehyung." He bowed one last time leaving me in utter shock.

FLASHBACK OVER

"Good morning." He said. I nodded, Then smiled awkwardly.

"I'm assuming you know my schedule?" He shook his head and I sighed.

"Lisa."

"Y-yes mam!"

"Inform Taehyung-" he suddenly looked up at me with sharp eyes anyone would think it was a normal look but he was clearly keeping me in place. I cleared my throat.

"Inform Mr Kim... of my schedule and send him my entire schedule for the next 3 months."

"Yes mam!" I nodded then left and could hear them whisper a few metres behind me as I made my way to the table. As soon as I made it the doors of the dining room I took a deep breath in and out to prepare myself. I pushed it open and the room was silent. Almost too silent.

3RD PERSON POV

No one in the room looked up or acknowledged y/n. It was almost like she was the wind that had flew by. They just continued to eat. At the very end of the table was her father and founder of HamSung. He liked making his power known and hated mistakes. He treated y/n as best as he could... but his fuse was quick with her. He liked that she was good at her job at HamSung as a successful consecutive. But he liked being in control of her more. 

On his left was y/n's younger brother... he was 16 yet an arrogant boy who learnt how things were in this place fast. Although he was younger... he was superior to Y/n because he was the successor of HamSung. And no matter how hard y/n worked it wouldn't change. Knowing this he was constantly belittling y/n and taunting her. But she never acted on it. On her fathers right... was her mother. She was the coldest of the bunch. She clearly favoured her son since he was the successor and despised y/n when she acted better than him. Ever since birth she's hated y/n... because she was a girl and not a guy. Nonetheless y/n was related to these 3 people... and they were related to her... so they had to act as a family at least.

Taehyung sensed the atmosphere immediately. It was his Job to know these sorts of things so he could list potential threats to her life. Even if they were family. He silently observed the family and y/n as she slowly sat in the seat beside her brother. 

Y/N POV

"Mother... father... Brother..." I said bowing down then sitting on the table. My father was the first to look at me. He smiled.

"Make sure you finish all your task today diligently." I nodded.

"Father... networking is important like you've taught me." He nodded.

"Of course. Why?" He asked cutting through his steak. Steak in the morning was common for my dad since he wanted to show off his riches to others. But for me it was abnormal. I don't eat breakfast usually... I just sit there and watch. My father wanted to make sure to keep me in check every morning.

"Well... Jimin's fashions business is going well... he invited me to go to his opening at-" My father slammed his knife down on the table then sucked his teeth. Everyone at the table froze. Except my mother who couldn't care less. My father looked at me glaring slightly. He forced a smile then shook his head.

"Your cousin's business doesn't benefit us. You will not go." I bit my lip.

"Father listen... I was thinking if we do a collaboration... like if someone buy out newest phone they will get a discount on Jimin's store... OR we can create an app that is only available through HamSung! That'll boost sales to at least 10% Especially when Jimin is going to open more stores in the next 2 months." My father's angered face calmed down a little and he gave it a quick thought. After a while he smirked.

"Very well! You are in charge in ensuring the connection is there HOWEVER... I will announce that the idea was from Jikook." My eyes widened. JiKook was my brothers name. He smirked.

"What a simplistic idea. But I will take it if that is fathers wishes." My mother and father smiled at JiKook and I sighed.

"Thank you father... I shall take my leave now." I stood up and left quickly with the 2 following behind me. I sat in my car at the back and groaned. This was so unfair. I could see in the corner of my eyes Taehyung and Lisa get into the car. Taehyung in the driver's seat and Lisa driving.

"We will be on our way to the city opening then mam." Lisa announced. I nodded.

"Stop at a cafe or flower shop first... we should bring something for the staff. You guys get something as well." I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down. I can't make a mistake now... not when I'm so close.

3RD PERSON POV

Taehyung looked through the mirror staring at Y/n who was closing her eyes and thinking. After that toxic scene his views of her were changing. Perhaps... this Job like she described it to be... won't be as boring after all.