CHAPTER 9 REGRETS

You never miss the water til the well runs dry

Thats what they always say

Is the grass really greener on the other side

Can time really slip away

Love that was once alive now dead and gone

The things we take for granted

Acting out cause our pride was too strong

Then when its so long, goodbye, dueces

Now we wanted see what the truth is

Its cold aint it, that shit got old so quick

Thought you had it all locked in didnt you

Now you sitting there looking stupid

Shoulda stepped ya game up

Playing with the heart was the wrong game

Now all you got is to stare at the ceiling

Wishing you could start all over again.

Regrets by Renell Gary aka MrzNellGary

Chapter 9

Shawn layed in his bed with his eyes closed. He wasnt asleep he was just thinking. It had been three weeks since Destiny left. She aint call, she aint text and when he tried to reach out, no response.
"This chick really left me" he thought to himself. He kept telling himself she was just playing a game but the more days passed by he started to feel like it was real. At first he tried to act like he didnt care, like it didnt bother him in the slightest. He was, for the first time realizing life was better when Destiny was around.

He thought about the way he treated her. She wrote him a letter and sent it to him, telling him exactly why she left. Its not like he didnt know why. He knew he treated her like shit. He didnt know what made him act that way because she was the only one that actually loved him. She always had his back and always held him down. Even when he was locked up she stuck around.

"Damn!! I really messed up. He thought about how much of an idiot he was. He was all she had but he made her feel alone in the world. He didnt think her leaving would hit him this hard. "I gotta get her back,I cnt just let him have my girl. " Wondering how he would make that possible. It might just be too late because it seemed like she took all she could take.

Shawn had been at home alot in the pass few days. No partying, no business, no females, no nothing. His homies kept trynna get him to come out the house but he wouldnt. He didnt feel like it. Now that Des was gone, for some reason nothing didnt matter. " I do love her so why I do her like that" Trying to put the pieces together, wondering where it all went wrong.

He stood up and walked over to the dresser and there was a picture of the both of them in happier times. She used to be his everything before when he had nothing. He felt like he let the streets catch up with him. All the chicks that wanted his attention, the money kept calling his name. He thought about all the times he made fun of her size even though she didnt gain that much. Deep down inside he knew she was beautiful but he wondered why he stopped telling her.

He listened to his new friends about why he was with her, when there were so many more better looking chicks. He had an image to uphold so it mattered who he had on his arm. It shouldnt have mattered but he let it. He let the world change him even though one thing had never changed, the love she had for him.

He walked downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat. Then immediately changed his mind, he lost his appetite. He sat on the couch and wondered why he didnt just keep her happy? Why he let the world tell him who he should be? "She was good to me" He wasnt good to her. Did he lose her for good. She was good to him. Now she being good to somebody else. "DAMN!!!" he yelled .