CHAPTER 27 HOME

How simple my life is now you are here,
How I cherish each breath,
How I crave the light and laughter you have brought me.
I have fallen in love without taking a step,
Fallen into the sweetest of dreams,
How I hope no one wakes me.
The simplest gesture wraps itself around my heart,
Where I will hold it forever.

Each time we say goodbye a part of me weeps,
Though I know it is not forever
To my aching soul it is an eternity.
I see my happiness shine in your eyes,
Every time you hold my hand my heart skips a beat.
How sweet life is to be yours;
How meaningless life is without you.

They know nothing of the loneliness before you
Nothing of the empty tears I cried day after day,
How did you do it, I ask myself,
How did you banish the fear, the darkness?
You have made me see that nothing is that bad,
That I am strong and worthy of happiness,
You have saved me from myself.

Everyday I wake up and smile to myself
Knowing you are waiting for me,
Knowing you can't wait to see me.
How would I go on if you were not there to hold me up,
To bless me with your love and light?
How I am glad you have found me
My life is now complete...
I am home.

Coming Home by Kelly Youens -

Chapter 27

"Good morning" Destiny said

"Good morning" Cam said with a smile.

Destiny was happy that he was finally awake. It was a very long week, watching him slowly recover. It felt as if she was waiting forever.

Cam couldnt remember what happened to him until the doctor told him. He couldnt believe he had been out for a week. He woke up with a sore throat , a slight headache and pain in his chest.

Destiny replayed the events to him to jog his memory. He couldnt believe that nigga shot him. While he was laying there all he could think about was Des. He was happy to see her face when he opened his eyes.

Des didnt know he heard her when she was talking to him about what she did with Shawn. He felt what she did was reckless and stupid, he couldve hurt her. Cam also felt some type of way about him being all over her and kissing her. He knew Des was trying to help he just hoped she didnt make it worse.

"Hey umm about....." He was about to talk to her but was interupted when his mom walked in.

"Heeeyyyy son im so happy to see you with your eyes open" she said as she hugged and kissed him all over and started to cry.

"Dnt cry ma it's ok, I'm ok"

"I just thought I was gonna lose you son but you're ok now so it's just tears of joy"

Destiny sat there with tears in her eyes.

"Its all my fault" she said

"Dnt do that,come here babe" Cam said

Cam put his arms around her and said" stop doing that, I'm the one that chose to protect you. I'm here and I'm ok we just gotta move on now ok." He wiped the tears from her face as she nodded yes.

They ordered some lunch and sat around and talked and told jokes to lighten the mood. Destiny was off today and she was glad she didn't have to leave. Even though Cam said that to her, in the back of her mind she would always feel bad about what happen. She was just relieved that he made it through it.

Now she had to tell him about what she did with Shawn. She didn't know how he was gonna react to it and she wasn't in a rush to find out. But she knew she couldn't keep that from him, especially not after what he had been through for her.