CHAPTER 20 LOVE

We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Touched By An Angel by Maya Angelou

Chapter 20

"Wake up gorgeous its Graduation day" Cam said and kissed Des on the forehead.

"Yaayyy" she whispered still half asleep

He laughed at her "Come on Dezzy"

"Ok" She said and got out of bed.

They both walked into the bathroom together. They brushed their teeth and washed their faces together. Cam splashed water on her and she giggled splashing him back but twice as much.

"Really" he said as she ran out the bedroom . He went after her.

"Dezzy this is my house, you can't hide from me"

He walked passed the bed and over to the closet. "I know you in here"
He opened the door and she pounced on him and they both fell on to the bed. She got on top of him and ambushed him with kisses. He flipped her back over and pinned her arms.

"Let me up"

"No" he said

"Yes, we're gonna be late we still have to shower"

"You're right but not before this" He leaned in and kissed her. His kiss was filled with so much passion, a slight moan escaped her lips.

"Ok now you can go"

They both laughed with each other.Des went into his bathroom to shower while he used the guest bathroom. This past week had been wonderful for Destiny. They took turns spending the night at each others places and it was nothing short of pure bliss. She loved being with Cam, she was happy he gave their love another shot. It was like nothing she ever experienced before.

She hoped the love he had for her would stay as strong as it was at that moment. Every morning Cam told her she was beautiful. Everyday he told her he loved her. He catered to her, payed attention to her,loved her. That's all she ever wanted, love.

Today was their graduation ceremony and it was bittersweet moment. She wouldnt have anyone there to cheer for her and support her. She got out the shower and wrapped herself in his robe and took the rollers out of her hair. She put on a little makeup that blended with her skin. She went to the closet to put on her dress she would wear under her gown.

It was a strapless yellow dress her favorite color of course. It was fitted on the top and down to her knees, then flowed outward at the bottom and went to her mid calf. She put her dress on and sat on the bed to put on her yellow and white sandals. Cam came back into the room all dressed to match Destiny. He had on a white and yellow stripped shirt with white pants and black shoes. He had his hair cut in a mohawk with his brown curly hair still thick in the middle.

"You look handsome" she said to him

"And you look gorgeous. Whats wrong, why you look so sad baby"

"You are gonna have your family there but I have noone coming for me"

"Awwww Dezzy, Im sorry. Im here for you and you can share my family. Ill make sure I cheer extra hard for you when they say your name, ok"