CHAPTER 16 FREEDOM

Free yourself from fear and uncertainties
that hinder your abilities in becoming the
person you've always desired to be.

Be like a child who's unafraid to conquer the world. Cherish the memories of today for the hard times that you wish to forget is only just a sunrise away.

Set Yourself Free by Haile Tesfaye

Chapter 16

Destiny woke up with high spirits. She was finally doing something just for her. Today was the day she would leave Shawn and never look back. Well at least that was her every intention. He was gone when she woke up so that made things even easier.

She got out of bed and went into the bathroom. She brushed her teeth, washed her face, let her hair down and got into the shower. She turned on the water as hot as she could take it even though it was almost summer and pretty warm outside. She liked it that way, a nice hot shower always soothed her.

She heard her phone ringing as she was in there but obviously couldnt answer it. She stayed in the shower for little longer then she got out. She dryed off and blow dry her hair and moisturized it. Then she straighted it and put it in a high bun. All of which took her more than and hour to do.

She remembered her phone was ringing so she checked it, it was a text from Cam.

YOU READY GORGEOUS

She smiled to herself because ready was and understatement.

HELL YES

She responded and started getting dressed. She put on a yellow floral short romper with thin straps and a pair of yellow sandals that strapped up her calves. She put a sunflower hair tie in her hair.

Des smiled and grabbed her bags and started packing her clothes. Then her shoes and her jewelry. When she was finished she took those bags to her car. She came pack in and grabbed her box to take the dishes, glasses and silverware that she bought and leaving the ones she didnt. She took them out to her car.

She came back in grabbed herself a bottle of water and sat on the couch. She was tired but happy. She decided to make herself something quick to eat before she left to meet Cam. He was going to help her unload and pick up her furniture.

As she was making a salad to her suprise Shawn walked in. She was shocked and nervous at the same time because she wasnt expecting him to be there at all. She didnt want to have to have a confrontational exit. She was hoping he just wouldnt notice.

"What up, eating again huh"

Typical Shawn, "He is gonna make this really easy" she thought to herself. She ignored the comment and sat at the bar and ate.

"Can you make me something"

"Didnt plan on it didnt know you were gonna be here"

"Well Im here now"

"Oh ok"

Des didnt move she just continued eating like he didnt say anything.

"So you not gonna make me something"

"Eh Neh"

"Why you being a bitch tho"

This is the first time she agreed with him when he calld her that because it was true.

"Cause isnt that my name around here. Its always Bitch this and Bitch that, so I figured Id just act like one."

"Yo chill out, you doing to much"