CHAPTER 28 BLESSED BY LOVE

We, unaccustomed to courage
exiles from delight
live coiled in shells of loneliness
until love leaves its high holy temple
and comes into our sight
to liberate us into life.

Love arrives
and in its train come ecstasies
old memories of pleasure
ancient histories of pain.
Yet if we are bold,
love strikes away the chains of fear
from our souls.

We are weaned from our timidity
In the flush of love's light
we dare be brave
And suddenly we see
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Touched By and Angel by Mya Angelou

CHAPTER 28

Six months had passed and everything was right in their world. Shawn was out of their lives for good, locked up somewhere awaiting trial. Based on the dirt he done in his life, he might not ever see the light of day. Destiny and Cam loved the thought of that, now they were finally free to love each other with no inhibitions. He tried calling Des on so many occasions asking her to be there for him . His so called friends and his baby mama just abandoned him. Everyone and everything he lived his days for was gone in the blink of an eye.

If only he would have payed attention to the only person that actually was there for him and loved him. Destiny didn't feel bad for him because sometimes in life people actions get them exactly what they deserve.

**************

Cam layed in bed next to Des and stared at her while she slept. He brushed a few strands of curls off her face and off to the side"My God she is beautiful" he thought to himself and smiled. He loved her so deeply, she was the light in his life and he was so happy to have her by his side. He had loved her for so long but wasn't able to tell her and now that she was his, he wanted it to stay like that forever.

He knew she loved him and he hoped she needed him as much as he needed her. With her his life felt complete, like he finally had the missing piece to his puzzle. He just wanted her to let him love her and cherish her and make her feel special everyday of her life. She was his friend,his lover and soon enough he would make her his wife.

He never loved another the way he loved Destiny. He had other women in his life, but they never measured up to her. Maybe that's why none of those relationships never worked because it was always her. It was always her that had his heart and he couldn't give it to anyone else.

He softly kissed her on the cheek, enjoying the feel of her soft, smooth skin. He could smell the refreshing scent of her hair as it cascading over her beautiful face. She stirred in her sleep at the sense of his lips touching her skin.

"Hey Cammy"

"Hey gorgeous"

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him. She reached her arm up and gently touched his cheek with the back of her hand.

"Someone up early"

"Yeah just admiring your beauty"he whispered in her ear and it sent shivers all over her body

"I'm not that beautiful"she said

"Yes you are more beautiful than any other woman I've ever met"

"Awww you're so sweet"

"Just telling the truth"

Des turned around to face him and lay her head on his chest.

"I love you"

"How much" he asked as he twirled one of her curls around his finger

"Mmm I love you beyond time and space and more than life itself."