Prologue

I looked at Violet's green eyes. Only now it was not hers, but it was of my own flesh and blood that was staring back at me. "Your son, don't you going to pick him up?" Violet asked me standing few feet away from me. She didn't approach me once. She knew the rules around here. She cannot approach me. Not after the day, I married her.

She was in a bad position. I stayed away from her, for her own good. I hesitated to look at the little boy again in the crib. He was giggling at me. And sucking his little fingers. Violet reached to him. "No Christopher, don't do that, say hello to daddy" She whispered to him softly. I moved away leaving them and walked towards my study.

"Lucian, wait, please" I felt her hand touching me. I closed my eyes trying not to lash out at her like the last few times. "Violet what have I told you about touching me before?" I asked as calmly as I could. I cannot help it, she betrayed me in the worse ways possible. She left my arm. "I am sorry Lucian, I am sorry, I will not touch you again. I promise. But please look at our son once, he needs his father."

I turned around and looked at her with a neutral face. "He is not my son. I accepted that position because you needed shelter, you needed a place to stay, I agreed that I will provide for you and your son, it doesn't make him mine. Now, let me go. I have my own son who is mine actually to take care of." I said as quietly as I could seeing her son was fast asleep.

She came in front of me and settled on her knees. "I know, I have hurt you. I know you want to punish me. Then Punish me, Master, punish me, but please don't punish my little boy. He is innocent. He deserves to be love. Please, Master, I beg you please." I moved past her. She held my leg. "Don't go, please, he wants to see his father too, please Master please, don't punish my son. Don't punish him for my mistakes."

I pulled her hand off my leg and pulled her off the ground. "I am not your master. I do not own you. I do not want to own you or do anything to you. Now, my son is waiting, and I am going to see him. I promised his mother that I will take care of him forever." I pushed her away lightly. Not hurting her in the process. "Why you are so cold, don't you have a heart? Can't you see that our little boy loves you?" She cried.

I stopped on my track. "You should know that better than anyone Mrs. Night, that I don't have a heart. Once it learned to love a girl, and she took it with her leaving nothing inside. I don't have anything left to give to you or to anyone." I heard her cries in the back but I didn't stop. The sound tore me from within little by little but I didn't give in.

I knew if I did give in to it, then I would be again walking into her elaborately laid trap. The once what I thought was love. Not anymore. I walked towards the closed door of my house. And opened it. "Can I come in?" There sat a four-year-old boy. And his eyes were grey. He looked so vulnerable. "Daddy" He called softly. "Hey baby, how was your day?" I asked sitting on his side.

He showed me the pictures he drew. "Mommy" He pointed. And I pulled him closer to me. "She is with the stars now. Isn't she?" I hugged him. "Yes, my little angel. She is in peace now. She is happy with the stars away from every pain and suffering." I whispered thinking about the night Daphne came in to save me. 

"I love you, daddy." I kissed on top of his head. "I love you too, son." By the corner of my eyes, I saw Violet looking at us with a sad expression on her face. But she left without saying a word. 

Word Count: 718 words