Twenty- Five

Violets for Violet

Violet's eyes landed on mine and she jumped into my arms. I managed to catch her in time. She looked relieved seeing me. "Querida, are you feeling well?" She placed a kiss on my forehead. "I am fine now. I am happy to be here, next to you." She whispered holding on to me tighter as the time passed. Something was agitating her so very much and I can feel it.

"I told you, haven't I? to get rest, to stay home? I was handling it. It was nothing" I said taking her to Lucas's room. "I cannot stay at the house knowing something bad might have happened to Luke, how can you expect me to do that? I am his mother Lucian." She complained which I understood but still, I don't know where she went yet.

"I know and I humbly apologize for that. I apologize for not telling you about your son and mine." I told her. "But baby, you looked so tired. I didn't wish to give you distress any further. Tell me what you wish me to do and I shall do it no questions asked. I promise you. What will make you happy, tell baby" I asked her?

 "Take our son home, Lucian, there we can protect him better. I cannot stand thinking if something happens to him, in my absence. I have to protect him" She said not leaving me yet. "Alright, I will see what I can do ok Violet? Now don't disappear on me again."

As she talked to Lucas, I noticed few cuts and bruise marks on her arm. Then there was a cut on her leg. "Querida, what happened to you?" I asked more to myself than to her. I called in the nurse and asked her to check up on Violet while I decided to find Leona and Landon. I wanted to ask if he can help me find where Violet had been to.

As I neared the hospital exit, I found them arguing. I don't know what it was all about. "Landon" I called. He looked at me and then said something to Leona and she nodded. He tried to touch her but she pushed him away. Landon shook his head and watch her walk out. "Everything alright?" I asked him. He just gave me a small smile. What is wrong with them? I thought they loved each other. Perhaps we were wrong.

"Are you sure that everything is alright there?" I asked concerned that they were fighting. "Nothing such Night, I mean which couple do not fight? I saw you fight with the missus, can I suggest you a thing or two about it?" I nodded. "Never angry her, it is going to be disastrous for your peaceful life. Especially if you wish to have a peaceful life." Landon told me. "I don't have that peaceful life since all this is happening. I want to know where my wife went and I want my son moved safely to my home where I can watch them."

"So you suspect the missus, good for you. You should suspect them. The more chain they have to yank, the more they can make you dance around their fingers till you come to a realization in a very interesting way that, it was her all along pulling on to your unsuspecting ropes." Landon told me. "It is not that I do not trust her, I actually want to protect her. The last time she had disappeared on me, I got her back five months pregnant and half delusional. I don't want my boys to go through something that. Lucas needs his mother." I told him.

Then I realized maybe he wasn't in his senses seeing the fight he had with Leona. "Look, why don't you just help my boy get home while It all settles," I told him thinking it might be best for him to short whatever was going on with his family. "Don't worry Night, I never miss a job ever. Not even for my personal issues. Have enough in my family to know not to mix it up ever." He said walking away. He looked angry. I will be too if nothing happens what I like in my life.

But I have to get things off my hand, first I need to get the thing I intend to for my Violet. Then I need to attend that dinner I am denying for so long. But first I need to get that man who is threatening my kids and wife. I walked towards the exit of the hospital and I caught few men around not looking like part of the usual hospital staff. Could they be with Landon?