Thirty- Seven

The old foe

The guns clicked all around me. "Don't you think I would come with my calvary? You think I travel without my protection?" He asked. I looked up into his eyes. How once I almost thought about not betraying him. "Take his gun off of him." He ordered.

One of his men came and knocked the gun out of my hand. I cannot do anything without harming Violet. "I wanted the technology, but you have brought me so much more, my old flame. Lucian Night is the man who thinks he is the smartest one in any situation. Didn't it land you in trouble before?" He asked me.

I do remember and sadly I remember your face as well. I wished to forget that many, many times but I couldn't. "Get up, hands behind your back, and come on in. Let's have a drink together, for old times sake?" I am still very capable of subduing you and then killing you. But you have my wife and my daughter. I cannot risk their safety.

He settled us down on the couch. He then tied Violet to a chair, taking his time doing it personally. "Do I disgust you, dear? One time you loved it. You loved how afraid I made you feel. But then too, you surrendered yourself to me. For you knew I was your salvation."

"I am going to kill you bastard, once I get my hands on you..." "Behave, dear. I know how to make you behave otherwise. Night, you haven't taught your bitch a lesson or two in manners?" I don't think you need any manners here. Tell you what, you can keep the software, and your daughter, give me your bitch for a month. I will straighten her up. Maybe it will do her better than a recreational facility she was planning on going to when she was carrying your bastard child inside."

I want to shoot him between the eyes and see light leave them. "All I want to have was your love V, and you were in love with this man. And you told me about it happily. Like I was your best friend. I wanted you to trust me on that. I wanted to be your friend, maybe I would have been more." He touched her cheek and I wanted to break his fingers.

He poured drinks in three glasses. "You are favorite my wildcat. I didn't forget anything about you. I kept this stock for a day when I meet you again. I was going to do everything with you. Then you turned out to be his bitch. The man I wanted to get back on for destroying me."

"Brother, that is what I thought you were Night. Turns out you were no more than a regular spy, and one of the best ones for your government. You took it all away from me. Then you come back here and you show me your face. You dare to live happily with her. How could I let that happen? Let you get her, and everything I couldn't have. And that too all because of you."

I looked at Violet and she looked at me. I know to escape; she has to be the one to open her binds. "Today, your wife will be dressed as my bride. Then I will keep her for me, Night. You know I am so lonely; you know why. I have told you, haven't I?"

My phone rang and I almost jumped at the sound. "Who could be calling you Night? Did you call your cavalry?" No, he cannot find out. He cannot see what I am about to do. If he saw Landon coming, he would ambush them and he is the only chance of our escape, for now, I have to make sure that he doesn't find out.

"Yes, must be someone at the office. They cannot do anything without letting me know about it. It is probably my office." I told him. He looked at my phone. "I get you Night. I get you. They are incompetent people who cannot do anything without being told." He told me. I only gave a half-smile in response. I know he wasn't fooled by it.

"Pick it up Night and keep it on speaker." Do you think I didn't have a foolproof plan when I have decided to outsmart you? Ozark? Are you this much of a fool? I never considered you as such a mindless fool. But then again, if you think I do not have a backup and a backup of that backup, you are wrong. That is going to cost you dearly.