Thirty- Nine

Laila

Laila had left and not only did she leave, but she had also left me with a huge problem. And that is my marriage. I think this wall is standing in between me and Violet again. And this time I am the one responsible.

"I need a drink and I need it very badly now," Violet said, and then she was about to leave when I held her hand pulling her to me. "I am sorry." She tried to push me away. "I am sorry Querida. I am so sorry about what she had said."

She didn't look me in the eyes. I am in trouble. "I do not wish to know about Laila, I only wish to know why you have hidden about her from me? Why do that Lucian, when you told me that you will never ever go to? That is all I want to know Lucian Why did you hide her from me?"

"Because it was fucking painful to remember her," I shouted too. I was frustrated. If I don't tell you something, then that means it was for a reason. And Violet you do not wish to understand the concept of the personal boundary. I have some secrets; you have some as well... Did I go and probe you for that? No, I didn't then why are you, so hell-bent on telling me that I did wrong here?

She looked at me shocked. I have done it yet again. "I...I am sorry, I am so sorry" I told her. She didn't reply and walked away. I heard the door shut. I messed up again. Why do I keep messing these things up? Why cannot I keep my emotional outburst in check? Why cannot I stop myself from doing this? I upset her once again. But Laila had upset me more than that today.

I walked towards my breakfast bar and poured a drink and took it inside. She did tell me she needed a drink, hasn't she? After what happened tonight, I need one as well. But first I need to apologize to her for shouting at her for no reason.

I saw she was sleeping next to Luke holding him in her arms tightly. I sat down on the bed and touched his face. "How is he doing?" I asked her. "Good, hopefully after the next operation he will be fine. But he will never ever forget how this day had gone, I am concerned about what effect it left on my baby." I understand that she was concerned for our son, but I was more concerned about her.

"Can I talk to you?" She pulled the duvet on her. "I don't want to talk about it tonight. I want to be left alone please." She told me. "I cannot, I have already done that once and you have left me wondering where you were. I brought your drink. Do you wish for me to cook you something?" I asked. "I don't need anything." She told me. "Fine" I didn't want to say anything. So, I took off my coat and got next to her.

She was crying. I pulled her into my chest and slowly rubbed her back. "I love you" I whispered to her. But she was fast asleep then into my arms. But sleep wasn't going to come easy to me as I have reflected on my past, but mine and Laila's past together. I thought she was part of my past I do not wish to reflect nor remember, but I cannot help myself. By the time I managed to shut my eyes it was already morning.

My eyes opened although I had rested, I felt so tired. But as I tried to find my wife beside me, she wasn't there. I panicked and ran out of the room frantically searching for her. But I couldn't find her. I was so frustrated thinking that this time she had left me for good.

I called her phone and I heard it ringing somewhere in the house. I followed the sound and ended up in front of the pool. She wasn't alone. It was Rosa that had surprised me. "I don't get it, why all of a sudden..." I cleared my throat.

Both looked at me. "Mind if I join you in the hot tub?" I asked. "I have no problem in that Lucian," Rosa told me. "But you should ask your wife that question." Violet only gave a nod to me. "Where are my kids? No one came running around to see me today?" I asked them. "They all are with Uncle Ezra for the day," Rosa informed me. "Anyway, I must be going now, I have an appointment with a client, for the project all our companies are doing together?" She reminded me.