Seventeen

Small Talks

Violet was sleeping peacefully. Finally, Iris had given her an injection so that she can get some rest. "She is still in very much shock," Iris told me. "I don't know what to do. Tell me what can I do to make her happy once again?" I asked her. "Take her away from here Lucian, it is the only way. The more she stays here the more severe it is going to get." I know but then again, who knows what actually is ailing her.

I saw Luke was coiling against Chris and Violet. He too looked spooked. And held on to them as if he can protect them from everything bad. "She was afraid and I want to know why," I told Iris. "You probably should because the key to curing any disease is to get to the problem first. And you don't know what is the source of the problem is here." First, get to know the source of the problem. 

"Have you talked to Landon or Leona?" She shook her head. "They are off the grid. I cannot find them." That's not so relieving at all. Landon is the only one who can tell me anything about the whereabouts of the new player in the city.

My phone rang. "Yes sir?" I answered. "Wait, the line is not secure yet. Tell me how are things going? How is Violet?" He always had a way with words. He always knows how to drive the conversation southwards. "Violet is good so are the kids. So what you want to ask me, sir?" 

"Always asking the point question Lucian. I wanted to know what is the condition of the package." He asked finally. "Safe and secure sir. No one knows of its location other than me." I told him. "Good Lucian, shall I expect you at the base then? In upcoming months?" I looked at Luke who was still coiling against his brother.

"Yes sir, you can expect me at the base, I want you to meet my sons." "Looking forward to it, I will tell my wife to prepare your favorites, Son. See you soon." The line went dead and I saw Violet was wide awake and looking at me. "Something wrong?" She asked me. "Not at all Querida. In fact, my superior would like to see all of us in his house over dinner. But first, let me see you." She covered both the boys placing a kiss on their forehead. Then placed pillows around them.

"You are getting good at this Violet." I led her towards the balcony and we sat on the chairs placed there. "I am learning. Like my sister learned to be a mother to me, I am trying to be a good mother to both my boys." I pulled her to me so that she was sitting on my lap. "I appreciate that you are trying Querida. I am sorry that I was such a bad husband to you. A bad boyfriend and a bad husband and probably, Myra was right about me. I am destroying you. All of your free kind spirit. I am destroying it all." She touched my face and then my lips kissing me softly.

"I don't wish to be with anyone else ever Lucian. The first time I understood what love is, I fell for you. I kept loving you from afar not able to gather enough courage to say how much I love you. If I had told you before when we met all those years ago, probably you would have suffered a little less." I caressed her neck and leaned into me. "Yes, maybe but then again, I might have rejected you. But now I am a changed man. I know what it feels like to be in love with someone who loves you back equally. That is the kind of feeling you do not wish to change. I do not want to change anything. I do not wish to change anything at all." I held her tightly against me. 

She smelled so nice, her warmth is something I was longing for. "Violet let's get married properly," I told her. She looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "You mean walk down the aisle kind of marriage?" She asked. "With a white dress and a flower, destination wedding like a beach or maybe at the end of the world? Over a cruise ship? How about that."

"The honeymoon in Italy or maybe I would pick Barcelona." "We can travel the world if you like to, you, me and both our boys and maybe our little princess?" I asked. "What about your business? You are the CEO and you have to be present." I smiled. "I can afford it, Mrs. Night. A couple of dollars for your smile that is on your face thinking about being my bride." I kissed her holding her waist she was holding my neck for support. I don't know how long we were sitting there suddenly Chris's shrill cry broke the trance and she detangled herself from me running towards him.