Ten

Mother and Son

The bond I share with my son is not like what he shares or in Violet's case not shares with her. After he knew about Daphne's death, I have seen him getting distant from Violet. That is not a good thing for both of them. 

So, I decided to get them a day together. So, here we are now at Disney Land California. And today I am going to take care of Christopher while my son and her mother spend a day of fun and games.

"Lucas, daddy has some work stay with mom here." He looked at me dead in the eye. "Momma is dead she is not momma." Hearing this from a little boy isn't something you would expect. But He is somehow always been an exception. I crouched down to his level. "Don't say that buddy remember what I have told you?" I asked. "Violet loves me, she is also my mom." He said not changing his tone.

"Yes, and she needs you more you need her. The doctor had told me that she needs to be happy. And daddy loves Violet. Can you do this for daddy?" He hugged me. "Alright buddy, we are in this together, right?" I asked and he nodded letting go. "Ready?" I asked as Violet came holding Christopher in her arms. 

"I still don't know why I cannot keep Christopher with me." I held Violet close to me. And placed a kiss on her forehead. "Because you do not have only one son you have two of them. You should spend some quality time with Lucas too."

"But..." I placed a finger on her lips. "No, querida, he needs a mother. I cannot possibly become both for him. And I need your help in raising both my sons. Not just Christopher. Daphne may have been his mother but she wasn't there when he really needed him. But you can show him that he isn't alone. Will you not, do that for me?" I asked her.

"For you, I can do anything follow you to the end of the earth if I have to." I gasped at that sentence. She shouldn't be saying that at all. "No, you don't have to do that. You just have fun alright. I will be around don't worry. I will be here watching Christopher." I told her. And then gave her some money. "Here keep this, you will need it." She nodded and held Lucas's hand which thankfully he didn't push her away.

Once I watched her walk away I contacted my guards around the place. "Are you all in position?" I asked. "Yes, we all are in position sir, and we are trailing mam and young master." "Good, do not let them know about you. If she finds out I am following her, her day with her son will be ruined." I said cutting the call. My phone rang again and I picked it up.

"Night, are we meeting?" I heard his voice. "Yes Sir, we are but I am not alone here, I am with my wife and sons. So, I might not stay for long." I told him. "I am not planning on ruining your weekend, Son." He said telling me to come towards the restaurants. Or as he said towards club 33. The infamous mysterious club.

I was welcomed there. Maybe because my CO had brought an exclusive membership. "Welcome, Lucian, oh and little Lucian. He is going on missions with daddy." I shook his hand. "wine? Or do you wish to order something?" 

"I am fine sir, can you tell me why you called me here all of a sudden?" I asked. "I have sent you an elite invitation to this club son. And also, about the project. We need it very soon. There are many factors involved that can probably jeopardize this or even make it difficult to proceed." What is he talking about?

"I don't understand sir, what are you trying to convey?" I asked. "That this meeting was planned for months? And that we are keeping a watch over you as you are involved with such a sensitive project. You were one of our best operatives and while I understand that now you have become a family man. Still, you agreed to work with us was an opportunity I was looking forward to."

"So? What it is got to do with all this? My family and me? I thought they are not part of this operation." "Supposedly not, but I am still watching them now. Just to be on the safe side. We do not wish to repeat the incident that happened once, Lucian. I hope you know what I am talking about." I nodded. "I do sir, and when it will be ready, I will let you know just make sure you get my message. Now, I think I should return back to my family they must be looking for me."