Twenty

Loving you isn't an option

I felt the bullet pierced me. The red blood gushing out of the wound. Then I fell down on the street. I want to survive. I want to meet my Violet. She will be devastated if something had happened to me. I pulled myself aside hiding behind my car. This isn't the way I will go down. I refuse to go down without meeting her. Without resolving my problems. Without making her believe that I love her and only her.

I heard another shot almost reaching me. "Bloody..." Minutes later few men came and surrounded me. "Sir get in the car, we will take you to the hospital." I don't believe in anyone. I need to go to Violet. Now, I need to go to Violet. "Here Sir wish to talk to you." I took the phone from his hand. "You cannot stay put can you?" "Ezra?" I questioned. "Yes, who else? Now get in the car. And let them take you to the hospital."

I got up painfully. And they drove me to the nearest hospital. "The flower shop," I said scribbling an address on the pad I found in my car. "Give this to the lady, tell her to deliver the flowers at this address," I said to one of the men. "Yes sir" He answered me. Then I saw the white lights of the operation theatre. "We need to sedate him."

"No, patch me up, I need to be somewhere and it is very urgent that I do." "But sir, you had a major..." I stopped him. "No sedatives, take the bullet out before I die." They started to talk among themselves. "alright Mr. Night, this is going to hurt very bad." I know. I have been there, I have done that. I clenched my fist as they begin the procedure.

They put me in the wheelchair and I was out of the OT. I saw Ezra and others out. They looked shocked to see me in the wheelchair and conscious. "Lucian? What do you think you are doing?" Rosa asked as I got up on my feet and took my coat. "I am going for a thrill ride," I told her. "No you are not brother, you almost died, and..." I took the clean shirt out of Samuel's hand. And changed into it.

"You cannot drive," Ezra said looking at it. "No? who will stop me?" I asked. "No one but let one of us drive you to your destination." I saw Damien and Myra rushing in. "How are you? What happened?" Myra asked. "Nothing, I am fine. I need your assistance." I told her. "Anything." I smiled at that thought.

I walked inside the house which was very silent. I wonder if Violet is fast asleep. Then my eyes adjusted to the dark and I saw the flowers I had sent to her. Violet was nowhere to be found. Is she even here? I started to search for her. From one room to another. Then I finally found her basked in the glow of moonlight. Her eyes were closed and she was sleeping peacefully. I didn't wish to disturb her slumber. So, I settled down on the couch watching over her.

The night turned into day and she only became much more beautiful than before. Her face was bathed with the soft light of the sun. How I wish to be there next to her and watch her this way. How I wish that this moment freezes here and now. Her eyes opened finally and she rubbed them. Then she gasped as they met mine. She stood up abruptly. "Lucian?" She asked still in a very sleepy voice. "How, why, since when?" She asked more like bombarded me with the questions. When I didn't answer she came towards me and stood in front of me.

She leaned in and touched my face. Then she moved back in shock. "You are here. I am not imagining you. I am not." She whispered. I still didn't move from my place. She came towards me again and touched my face moving on to my neck, my shoulder, and then over my chest which made me hiss. She held my hand and made me stand up. She took off my suit jacket and unbuttoned my shirt. Her hand moved over my bandage.

"You are hurt, how did that happen?" She asked. I took her hand in mine. And placed a kiss over it. "They tried to kill me, they failed. My will to get to you was far much stronger than the death itself. It didn't win." She pulled me by my collar. "Do you know what you are talking about? How can you say such things? And how can you ever take it in a joke? You could have died Lucian."