Sixteen

Her keeper

I reached the address. It was somewhere I had been before. Just a place where no good people meet. Perfect for shady operations that Landon was currently doing. If you wish to find a man no one else can, it is the perfect destination. And Landon always loves to maintain the secrets of his secret dealings. I walked inside and saw him in the bar. He was having a drink for herself.

"I thought I would find you here this way." He looked at me and smiled "Old habits my friend. They die hard." He told me. "I can see how your old habits are going to kill you. Sooner or later, you will die." He shook his head. "At least I would have lived a full life before I die. Unlike you, who thinks twice before taking the leap." He said placing something in front of me.

"You were right, it was planned very well." He told me. "I found this after getting through layers and layers of footage. The weapon was military-grade. No armature work either. Definitely, they knew what they were doing. You are lucky to be alive and kicking." I smiled at that sentence. "Some might call me lucky." He looked at me with a serious expression. 

"If I were you, I will not push that luck again. Someone wants you dead for whatever reason they will try again." I shook my head. "I know that much, it wasn't the first time. There was an accident while I was driving home. Or maybe two I survived them." I told him. "I can tell you this, it is related to your girl. There is a new player in the city. No one knows him. No one saw him or if they did none lived to tell the tale."

"Is that one who killed Daphne?" I asked. "I cannot say for sure; Leona is working on that." That word left a bitter note in his voice. "You and Leona, something happened, isn't it?" I asked. "Something always happens with my relationships and it is no different." I settled myself back into the seat. 

"Relationships are complicated, if they are easy everyone will have a happy ending. Take it from someone who knows it, Landon, if you need to take that first hard step do it. It would be wrong to think that if you think you are right, you cannot take the first step to end the fight."

He looked at me intently. "How do you know we are fighting?" I chuckled. "She let you off the leash buddy and you try to overpower her. In some relationships like ours, we have to realize we will never be in control she will, and to make it work we have to surrender." He shook his head. "Does yours comes equipped with chains, leashes, cuffs, whips, and other assortments?" "You have no idea how she loves those torture devices." He called the bartender and told him to fill up our glasses. "Cheers for the dangerous women we fell for." Those are the exact words I was thinking about.

I came back to the suite and thankfully she was still sleeping. Otherwise, she would have my head on a platter for leaving her alone this way. She doesn't like it. She hates to be alone in bed by herself and that is not a newly acquired trait. I slipped in beside her. She turned around and curled up more into me. "Lucian, I love you." I love you too querida. That is something I know to be true in every aspect of my life.

My eyes opened and I saw her hovering above me. Just the sight I was dreaming about. "Good morning querida." And I flipped us so I was pinning her down. "What happened last night?" She asked. "You asked me to book you this nice suite and then you drank and slept, too bad how I planned to ravish your beautiful self in this bed all night." She blushed. "I didn't know what happened to me last night. I am sorry I drank out of limitation." She apologized. 

"You act funny when you drink. Do you know that baby? Shall I order you a nice breakfast, a cure for your hangover, and prepare you a nice bath?" She pulled me closer. "Or we can stay in bed, we can do things, you know bad things to each other?" She is getting bolder with every single day that passed by.

Belong To The Night (The Billionaire's Love) Book 6 (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें