Twenty- Eight

She is my kind of celebration

I watched Violet as she pushed the wheelchair which Lucas was sitting into. I was allowed out today. In two days there was my check-up and then I can go and take the vows. I was holding on to this for so long. I have forgotten that Violet too deserves to be celebrated and this is how I celebrate her every single day. I celebrate her being with me.

She helped Lucas get up from the wheelchair and for the first time, I watched them play in the water. I wanted to join them but my injuries prevented me from it. As of last night, I had known that whoever was trying to capture Violet and my son was after the device I was developing. That is not a piece of news I have taken very kindly to. But I do not wish to worry my family. Besides, there are a few codes of conduct in our ranks we need to follow to date.

My back hurt a little bit as Violet looked at me I have forgotten what I was fussing about. She is the cure to my every pain. She is the only medication I need. I saw her walking towards me. "hey handsome." She leaned in and kissed me. "hey yourself gorgeous." I told her. "Lucas is finally getting the hang of it. His therapist says that he might be able to play as well if he continued like this." I hope it is true.

"I know you believe over it love. And I believe over you. After all, he is your son and you know the best for him." I told her. "And what about you? Don't you need pampering love?" She asked as we both kept a watch on Lucas who was making the sandcastle. "Shall I book something special for us? A romantic trip minus the assassination attempts? I don't know baby, it sounds so tempting not to worry about it and not to look over my shoulder always for any reason. You know like not to worry about certain things always." "Like what?" She asked.

"Like who is the next person who is going to come after me with a knife or a gun." She laughed. "You are getting paranoid, you need a full detox doctor's order, Mr. Night." She stood up from my lap and was about to walk away when I held her hand and pulled her towards me. "Luci, what are you..." I slowly put my hand on the nape of her neck and traced her skin there. She is my salvation. How can I have not seen that?

"Tell me truthfully, do you wish to be with me still? I have hurt you in the worst possible way. I have said things, I have done things that no one shall have done. Things are awful that make me ashamed of myself. So, how can you still love me so much?" I asked her. "As I told you, and many others with the same questions before Lucian, you are something unique. Loving you is more than a choice. It is a need, and I am an addicted person. If I do not have my fix for you, I cannot go on with my days. If someone is with you once, they will know, you are a different brand, unique blend that leaves an aftertaste. It is still bitter but even then you cannot help wanting more."

She looked at me with those beautiful and mesmerizing eyes of hers. "You are something I want more and more." Her voice turned low at the end. It was almost inaudible. "You are obsessed with me." She laughed. "And what you call yourself then? I know you know I am very capable of hurting you. And I know that you know I will do it again. But then, you will still pull me to yourself and make me yours. You are not letting me walk away. Now that is what I call obsession." I gave it a thought. She wasn't wrong was she? I mean I could have been anywhere by now. I could have done anything with my money and my resources. But what do I do? I returned back to her. I was there and she was waiting on me.

"We have found each other like the two halves of the same coin. We complete each other as nothing else can. Call it obsession, call it possessiveness. Call it a miracle, or call it luck, in every other word you will find us, and the meaning of us. I exist because of you and you exist because of me. we are two halves searching for our destiny. But the truth is you were made for me and I was for you. The perfect two. Something fresh and something new. Something old and something blue. But in every other thing, you can find the existence of us. Of you and me. With you I am free, with you I am loved and that is what I wanted always. Think of it as a sign from above?" She told me.