Fifteen

The Queen of the House

I was waiting for her downstairs. She was making me wait too much for this. "Lucian" I heard her call. "Yes, do you need anything Querida?" I asked. "No peeking ok, I am coming down close your eyes." Alright, she wanted to surprise me. "I am standing here eyes closed," I told her. Then I heard her footsteps. She was coming down. My eyes opened and I looked at her. I couldn't look away. She looked so radiant in that black little dress of her. Though it wasn't the dress it was all her.

"Do I look ok?" I gulped trying to find the words. But as they came not too quickly her face fell. "I am not looking good am I?" I pulled her by her waist. "You look very beautiful to me. Never doubt the love I have in my eyes for you querida. Now, the Limo is waiting for us. But I have something for you that I want you to wear." I placed the box in front of her and opened it. "You brought me a corsage?" She looked surprised.

"Well I figured that you and I never get to go to the prom together, so it occurred to me that why not show you what it would have been like if we were prom dates, so will you be my date for the evening, Mrs. Night?" She nodded. I took the corsage out and put it on her left wrist. "Violets?" She smiled. "Violets for violet." I placed a kiss on top of her head. "In that case, wear these tonight." She gave me something. Cufflinks engraved with a V. "Are you branding yourself on me, Mrs. Night?" She blushed. "I like that you do, I do like it."

I led her to the Limo. But this time I was careful enough to be armed and ready for everything that might happen on the road. What is happening to us lately is very much poetic. In a very bad sense. I do not want my family to fall apart. "Something wrong Lucian?" She asked. She was always quick to notice these things. "No, everything is fine." I do not want her to get worried unnecessarily.

I opened the door and she got in first. I entered after. She picked up the champagne bottle. "Care for a drink?" She asked me. "Sure love, anything you want," I told her. "Anything?" I nodded as she took off her seat belt and straddle me. She teased me by biting into my earlobe. She placed her hand on my thigh. And kissed me softly. "What do you want me to do?" I asked her. "Do not disappear on me in that party for starters." I touched her cheek. "You are too much jealous querida, I am married to you, you are the love of my life, the mother of my children. How can I find anyone much more beautiful than you are ever?" I asked her. "Still I see a little bit of attraction for her in your eyes. I still do."

"I am not unfaithful to you Violet. In the time I had been away from you, I haven't been with anyone. I haven't thought about anyone but you. My mind was focused on your thoughts. I don't know what I can do to make you believe it. But I can tell you this, there is no one but you anywhere in my mind, my heart, or my soul." "And your body? What about it? Does it belongs to me only?" I took her hand in mine and played with her ring. "Now, it only yours, you can brand your name on it if you wish to. Querida, I will say nothing about that." I told her.

The car stopped. "It is a hotel," She said surprised. "Best of all the hotels around here, four thousand a night. And suite costs a heftier amount." I told her. "How much?" She asked drowning her drink. "Why?" I asked. She leaned into my ear and whisper. "I might want to indulge in that expensive luxury of the place with you tonight." He placed a kiss on my jaw. It tickled me and aroused me. "You want me to take you straight into the suite querida?" She just smiled at that. She straightened herself as I got out first. Then she gave her hand to me.

The cameras were on us and today she wasn't shying. I think that little session of outbursts she had earlier today. She held my arm possessively. But her face held a smile. I can see it now. She had gotten back her love for the camera. "No question today, my best friend is getting married," I told the reporters. I made my way inside the hotel and to its ballroom. I met Samuel and Iris there. "Congratulations King, you are finally doing it." He smiled. "I wonder when you will do it Night."