Nineteen

Saying goodbye to the best thing ofme

My rational mind begins to function screaming at me to run after her. I did run, as fast as I can but as I reached the gates, I heard the car driving away leaving nothing but a trail of dust to make me know of its presence. I messed up and there is no going back from it. I fell on my knees utterly broken. What have I done? I have destroyed my life with my own very hands.

"Lucian, what happened?" I heard Samuel's voice. "She left me, again, and I have let her again. This time it was all my fault, again." He picked me up from the ground. "You are bleeding, let's go Iris will check it up." I shook my head. "I need to make her come back before Children come back, they will ask me about her, what I will say to them?" I asked Samuel. "Come on Lucian, I will help you locate her alright?" He promised me.

Samuel handed me a glass of water as Iris checked me. "Your blood pressure is very high. What were you thinking Lucian?" Iris asked keeping her equipment down. "Nothing, I want to know where she is, I want to know where the mother of my children is. She was hurt badly. Each time she had left me, she got hurt badly. And I do not want that to happen." I told them. "But if you got hurt in the process who will take care of her?" looked at Samuel. He was not wrong. If I got hurt who will take care of her indeed. She had no one but me.

I saw Lucas was watching me and then he came towards me. "Luke, hey buddy. How long you are here for?" He came and sat beside me. "I was looking for mommy," He told me. "Mommy is out" He leaned against me and that had made me concerned. "You feeling alright?" I asked him. He shook his head. "Iris, can you check up on him?" I asked Iris. "Sure thing, Luke come on I will check up on you." He looked at me with those big eyes of his. It was just like hers, of Daphne's.

But he is more Violet's son than Daphne's. "Daddy," He said after few first quiet moments. "Mommy was crying," "Your mother was crying? You heard it?" He nodded. "You were awake? Did she said something?" I asked him. "She was angry at you." She was and she has every right to be angry at me. Angry and concerned and... "Daddy where is mommy? I want my mommy. Did she left me like my other mom?"

"No, she said she will meet you soon. She is just out doing grown-up things." I told him. "She will return to you soon son. You need not worry about it." But I was worried about her. I needed to know where she was and no one was helping much in that department. I heard Chris cry. By now Violet would have rushed to him and cradle him in her arms. Then he would have fed him and put him back to sleep. I saw an incredible thing Lucas was cradling his brother sitting on an armchair talking to him. And to my surprise Chris was silent.

"They are brothers, it is common for them to imprint on each other Lucian. I know you think it is unusual. But Lucas is a very clever boy. He knows what he wants from life. He knows what he can get from it. You must not feel surprised or you must not feel it is something out of ordinary. Sibling bond can be very powerful." Sibling bond, why haven't I thought about it before? Yes, of course, she must be gone to her sibling. Myra's house is the only place she can go to.

"Sam, can you look after Luke and Chris for a while longer. I think they are safe with you here." Samuel gave me a nod. "But where are you going?" Iris asked. "It is late, and you are stressed, badly stressed." "I think I might know where Iris could be gone. If not there, then it is a good place to start. Last time, I haven't even tried to think up her side of the story, but now I know I shouldn't do it. I cannot see myself saying goodbye to the best thing about me. She is the best thing of me." I told Iris. "Then you should take my car, Myra is unfamiliar with it." I smiled running out of the house as fast as I can.

As I drove towards Myra's house I had to navigate my way through heavy traffic. And a little too many times I had ended up almost colliding with the cars. But in the end, I arrived at my destination. The lights were on. So that means Myra was at home. Or maybe it was Damien with the kids. But since I am here I am going to take this chance and find out which one is true.