Five

The Perfect Submissive

I looked at the papers in front of me for one last time. And then saw the crib I had thus managed to put down within the last two days. The nursery was decorated in shades of blue. I gave it one final look and walked out of the house. Today is the day I bring Violet home. She would be needing assistance for she had gone through major surgery.

I walked towards my car. Lucas is still with Sam and Iris. I am grateful to them for looking after him when I cannot. To be precise I am not a good father. Probably because I didn't have one. My adoptive father tried to be the best he can growing up but, till then I learned to be very much closed off from everyone and from the world.

I know that I don't know anything about being a father but that is what I am. Not to one but to two children. I don't know how am I going to do this. I don't know how I am going to handle my newfound role. But first I need to get married to Violet. So, her sister stops complaining and telling me that I am indeed a cheater and a liar. That I am not the best thing for her sister.

Then again, she might not be the best thing for me. But I love her still in my twisted mind. I want her like I have wanted nothing else in my life. I know she is bad for my health, my mental peace. But I cannot see her with anyone else. Call me possessive, call me mad, crazy but I cannot help but feel this need to have her with me. Now that she has a child, I need to protect her and protect them. She is my home. She always was.

I returned to the hospital. Her sister was there with her. She was talking to my Violet. "You do not want to come with me? We can take care of you and the baby both. I am not sure if I am comfortable enough to leave you with someone who does not see you more than as an object on a mantel. Some decorative piece." Violet said nothing at all.

I waited patiently for few minutes so that they don't accuse me of eve's dropping. I know she is waiting for the opportunity to say those words. Myra never liked me. And the feeling is mutual. Partly because she was Rosa's best friend and she didn't stop her from being with Ezra for once and secondly, she had tried many times to prove to Violet that I am a bad influence.

Now, that she had tried to ruin every relationship I could have in my life potentially. I do not trust her with my this one. Whatever left of it. I do not trust her at all. I walked inside and Myra stopped talking. Like I don't know what she was talking about or in her words scheming about. She was scheming about me. "I brought this for you, Violet. Violets for violet" It was our personal joke. She gave me a small smile.

"Are you in pain still?" I asked Violet. "She is in pain that she cannot show. No thanks to you Mr. Lucian Night." I chose to ignore her on purpose. "Violet? Tell me where it is hurting. I am going to tell the doctors to check you up again." Violet shook her head. "I am not in pain anymore." I sighed. "Baby, I know you are in pain. You cannot hide anything from me." Except when you are planning on breaking my heart and stomp all over it.

I settled down beside her. "You know where I will be if you decided to change your mind, Violet. I am your sister and you can come to me with anything. I will take my leave now. Clearly, you do not want me here more than you want him." Violet looked at her sister and her eyes watered. "Myra please, don't make me chose. I cannot. I love you. You are my family." Violet said as her voice broke.

"Clearly, you do not make me feel like that anymore Violet. You do not make me feel like I am somehow becoming an outsider in your life. I am not someone who had raised you as a mother would have Violet. You make me feel something unwanted from your life. You make me feel someone unwanted." Myra picked up her bag and left. Violet kept watching the door as she disappeared from the scene. That was intense. I mean who leaves their own sister because of their life partner choices?