Twenty- Two

Dangerous Intentions

I looked at the determined face of Violet. She was covering Lucas with her body. "I am not going to harm you, Mrs. Night, not if you cooperate. Now that child will be very useful in the long run. Don't you think he shall be with us? I mean look at him, isn't he a perfect little pawn?" I think he hasn't still looked at me. He doesn't know I am here. So, here I get an opportunity of making sure they remain protected.

"You are not coming closer to my son. You will regret it. I am giving you a very fair warning about this. He is not a plaything." She told the man in the mask. "So you are willing to die for this boy who is not even your flesh and blood. I thought you were better than that Mrs. Night." He said looking at my Lucas. I got an idea to undermine him. I took off my shoes so that he cannot hear my footsteps.

I saw Violet reaching for her knife. No, that is a wrong move he will shoot you and take Lucas away. "Doesn't matter if he is my flesh and blood what matters is he is my son. And you are not harming him. None of you will." He touched her chin holding it. He cannot touch her that way. "You are getting pretty disobedient. I don't think he will like you this disobedient. Do you remember what he does to discipline disobedient girls like you?" A look of darkness passed on to her face.

They know each other. They have known each other for a while now. "Tell him, I am done being afraid of you all. Tell him, I will come for him. He tried to take something very precious to me and I am not letting him have the second chance of doing so." The man laughed. "Are you sure you are up for the task?" She looked at Lucas. "Luke when I tell you to run, you run and do not stop, do not look back until you find daddy and Chris, you are in charge. You are the man of the house, yes?"

"Yes, Momma," Lucas told her. She took the knife and jabbed him into his arm. "Run Luke" I heard the gunshot fire and then she started to fight him. Even for her small frame, she was holding off quite well. Lucas almost fell while running towards me. I caught him in my arms. "Go to Chris, alright? And keep him safe as a good big brother. You are going to do that don't you?" He looked at me with determination. Then he ran out.

He pinned Volet down. "You are his favorite yes, but not worth any trouble. And the more I know you, the more troublesome you look to me. I am going to make you pay. You know what happens to the girls when they fail to listen to me?" He asked holding her throat choking her. Not so fast. "They die, and even after death they will be remembered for the work, I do on them. I too will do the same to you."

I moved behind him and placed my gun on his head. "Let her go or before you even think of doing anything wrong to my wife, you are going to get to know what I do to the person who messes with my family." The man laughed picking up the knife. "Lucian Night, why do you think I should be afraid of you? You are just a pathetic sad excuse for a man they worship." He pulled Violet and placed the knife on her throat.

"Before you can hit me, call for help, I will slice her throat and you will have no choice but to see her bleed out. "What do you want?" I asked pointing the gun at him. "Nothing much, my boss wants to have something very special. I heard you are a genius. Don't you army men say so behind your back?" He asked. How does he know about my background? Who told him? Violet? But she looks deathly afraid of him. Why she would do something like this?

"Do you agree to cooperate with us or not Mr. Night? Or do you wish her to die by my hands?" I clicked the safety off. "Let her go, you want something done, you come to me. You do not go and threaten my family about it." I told him. "So, that is how you are going to negotiate. Don't you care that I am going to kill your wife?" He asked.

"Not at all, I know you cannot do it. I know you are a coward. Otherwise, you wouldn't have resorted to holding my wife hostage or trying to take my son away. You hide behind that big bad domineer of yours while in reality, you are just a scared little kitten. You cannot harm my wife, nor you can harm me. You know very well that even if you try you are going to get your ass kicked very literally." He pressed the knife on her neck breaking the skin. "You think I cannot kill her? I am not a scared kitten; you are and you are stalling." I chuckled "Am I?"