Twenty- one

Warm wishes

I felt someone's finger on my back. "Lucian, you are going to burn yourself." She pulled my hand back from the skillet. "I was cooking something for you." She pulled my hand towards her and put it in her mouth. 

"It tastes good." I smiled at that. "You can never call anything I cook for you horrible," I told her. "Because you are a good cook and that was another thing I wished to have in my husband." I pulled her closer. She was wearing my shirt. "You have bought some trinkets with you, love," I whispered looking at her.

"Yes, I am habituated to sleeping in something of yours. So, I brought all these with me. I knew all I am going to do was sleep and cry. Maybe eat a lot of ice cream." She replied to me. "Or maybe you could have gotten drunk and called me and shouted profanities at me." She held my hand in hers. "Let me see that." She inspected the burn and ran it under cool water. I kept watching her. This is what I want a peaceful life with my wife and kids.

I pulled her to me turning off the stove and covering the dish. Then I kissed her. She didn't respond. I pulled back looking into her green eyes. "What happened?" I asked. She turned around not facing me. "I cannot do this now Lucian forgive me." I pulled her closer hugging her tightly. I kissed them on top of her head. "What is troubling you so much love?" I asked her. "You got shot Lucian, I could have lost you. And then..." She looked at me.

"Then I would have been left all alone. Can you not see that? Can you not be a little more careful?" She asked. "In my defense, I didn't know someone was following me. I was in pain wanted to get relieved of it. And the only thing which could have been relieved me was you." I touched her cheek and moved my thumb over her warm skin. "Let's eat first. You look like you haven't been eating or sleeping well." She held my hand.

"Let's go to bed then." She told me. "You wish to sleep?" I asked. "But I made your favorite." She hugged me. "You are my favorite." She told me more like pulled me closer to her and took me towards the bedroom. What now I wonder. She took off her clothes and put on my shirt instead. Then she took an album and pulled me with her on the couch.

"My mom and dad's wedding picture." She started to go through the pictures. "A beach wedding?" I asked. "Yes, my mother was in love with beaches." She told me. "And you?" I asked. "We are already married." She told me.

 "Yes, we did but I wish to remarry you. See you in white while you walk towards me. You can wear a bikini, I won't mind." She hit me. "Shut up." She said to me. "No way I am getting wedded in a bikini." I pulled her on my lap. And then I put the album down.

"You know what I want?" I told her. "What?" She asked. "To see an album full of our picture. You smiling and sun falling on your face highlighting in the sun. I want those in my home. All over my home so when I walk inside all I could see is you when I alone with the Kids and you are working for me. I am going to see you in those pictures." I told her. 

"I want you to be there more in my life. I didn't let anyone into it. But I want you and only you to be in it. I love you. And you are the only woman in my life who matters to me more than anything."

I kissed her softly and she kissed me back. "I love you too Lucian." She said and kissed me on my cheeks, on my eyes on my forehead, and then on my lips. I kissed her back. She unbuttoned my shirt. I held her hand. "I thought you didn't want this now. You cannot do it now." She pulled my hand away and kept unbuttoning my shirt until she pulled it away. Then she touched my bandage.

"I will kill that person who had tried to take you away from me. And I will do it if that is the last thing I do." She said touching my bandage. I felt her touching my skin. Still holding on to me. "I wish you to tie me up," She said looking at me. "Then do anything you wish to. I want you to do what you like to me today." I was surprised. "You want me to hit you? I am not doing that. One time I did it and that was horrible."