Twelve

Her Conditions ofUnconditional things

I looked at him amazed. A moment ago she was behaving as a submissive and look at her now. I can see the signs of old Violet. "What are you talking about Querida? I just want to have a nice candlelight dinner with you. That was my one true wish. Why you think otherwise?" I asked her. 

"Because of how you acted since I came back. You didn't wish to have to do anything with me and my son. All you wanted was to be a father to Lucas." I did but then as Ezra said I was punishing myself by staying away from her.

"I know, I have said and done lots and lots of awful things to you. But then too let me tell you this, I have been regretting it every single day querida. You can say I had a change of heart." I told her. "I thought you had no heart." She begins to walk away. I held her hand. "Don't walk away from me." She looked back at me with those sad green eyes of hers.

"I already have Lucian a long time ago. I wish you had stopped me then. I wish you have tried at least once. But you haven't you chose to believe whatever she told you about me. You chose to believe that I was the bad guy. Then I am the bad guy for you and everyone Lucian." She tried to pull my hand off her. "Querida, don't do this to me."

"I am not doing anything other than protecting myself. As you have wanted me to be, I will be the mother to your son and mine. But apart from that do not expect me to be the wife inside the closed doors and let you exercise your rights on me. You don't have any. Not anymore." I left her hand. She pulled it to herself almost immediately.

"I am not going to Violet. I may be a monster in your eyes, and maybe something of similarity in everyone's mind. But I am not going to force my will on you. If you don't want me as more than the father of your children, I will not be anything else for you. Even if it will hurt me the most, I will endure it. I will endure it because of you. I will endure it because you will know this for sure, I am going to be something that you will love to have by your side again. But for tonight, I will let you walk away from me."

She closed the door to the room. Then I heard her cries. I was breaking apart. But this is the price I have to pay in order to redeem myself. That I cannot, I know. But I have to try to at least make her happy. I slid down and sat leaning against her door. 

I have to know that I can make her trust me. I have to make her believe that my love that was always unconditional still is the same. And that I will love her around her conditions.

The trip has gone as planned at least for Lucas and Violet. They are closer than before. But for her and I, we are drifting farther and farther away from each other. I don't know what to do anymore other than let the time work its magic around our relationship even then I don't know if it will be enough. If I can gain back the things that I have lost in the process and that is a lot of things.

Samuel came into my house with an enthusiastic smile on his face. "How are you doing Night?" I smiled "As best as I can. But enough about me what brings you here?" I asked him. "Easy, I am finally tying the knot, we are getting married me and Iris. We finally finalized the date, the venue, and other things. So, this is your invitation and you will be my best man." I chuckled.

 "So, are you sure you weren't married before?" I asked. "I was but then, I want to give Iris, her dream wedding. She had been through a lot for me. I appreciate having a woman who can hold up like this and hold my hand through anything and everything."

I looked at the picture on my desk. Violet and I were so happy once. I don't know if we can be that again. "She will come around. She will understand that you have admitted you were wrong and now you want to reconcile with her. Why don't you bring her to the party we are throwing in the club tonight? My babysitter can watch the children. She is good with kids and has watched over my kid many times before." I gave it a thought.