Chapter 23: Who's My What!? [Edited]

Adam Wick.

The night had become a fiasco. If I had known, I would have stayed in bed. How could a single incident have caused so much collateral damage? In an instant, Nathan hated my guts. Bobby tried to rape Joshua, but Nathan stopped him. Then they ended up fighting, which led to Nathan's secret coming to light. And to top off the night with a bang, my father tried to kill Nathan because of his status as a Grayback. Goddamn, I needed my bed.

After the Supreme's grand entrance, we went into Nathan's house, much to his apprehension. He kept glaring at us as if we were about to attack. He sat on the farthest couch from us, eyeing us suspiciously while rubbing the swollen and red bruise on his right shoulder. The only thing I wanted to do was wrap Nathan in my arms and comfort him, but the way Nathan was acting he would rather kick my ass. What happened to him that made him distrust people so much? Especially those from werewolf packs?

"Don't know... I tried talking to Nathan's wolf, but he cut me off." Bane told me with a whimper. "Hopefully, his mother will reveal why he kept his identity a secret. I hate seeing him like this."

Nathan caught my gaze. His eyes carried the world's weight in them. A deep sorrow hid behind them, covered up by a shield of anger he wrapped around him, keeping anyone from getting too close.

"Let's just take it step-by-step. We'll see how this meeting turns out before we put a plan in place to win over Nathan's heart," I said.

"He won't make it easy for us, won't he?"

I grinned. "No, he won't, but it won't stop me. I will not give up on him, no matter how stubborn he gets. He needs us, and I'll be here for him."

"Hey! We're in this together, so stop trying to hog him all for yourself."

"Fine! Don't be a baby about it."

The Supreme's voice quickly drowned out Bane's lame comeback. The calmness in her angered voice sent shivers down my shoulder blades.

This was terrible. If the Supreme raised her voice and shouted at you, you didn't have to worry. However, if her anger turned calm as the stagnant pond, you had to run as if your life depended on it, which it usually did.

After Joshua told his mother about the incident back at the party, everyone in the room's gaze shifted to the interior of the living room. This was to avoid her death stare. Her calm facade was crumbling by the second. A nervous twitch in her left eye started appearing. It took everything in me not to rush for the front door.

"Where is he?" The Supreme's voice slithered around the room.

My father gulped and said, "Who?"

"Don't act coy with me." Her eyes flared up. "I'm talking about the scum who touched my son! I want him brought before me."

My father shifted around in his seat, visibly trying to act indifferent to her request, but it was obvious he didn't want to comply with her wish. My father wasn't trying to protect Bobby. No, he'd punish him on his own for what happened tonight. But we would never see Bobby in the land of the living again if the Supreme got her nails into him.

"I can't," said my father. "As much as I want to see him punished, I don't think he deserves to die. I'll drag him to the Elders of our pack and see to it he receives the punishment that he deserves."

The Supreme rose from her chair. "That's not good enough! He deserves to spend the rest of his pathetic life wandering the wastelands of the void dimension."

The air in my lungs froze while my father's eyes nearly popped out of his head. The void dimension. Damn, that was harsh! I knew the scumbag tried to rape Joshua. But the void dimension was a punishment that I didn't even wish on my most hated enemy. Exiling Bobby from the pack and branding him as a rogue would be enough of a punishment.