Chapter 38: A Big Brother's Love. Part I [Edited]

Adam Wick.

The moment I opened my eyes, I couldn't stop smiling. Here, in my arms, laid the most gorgeous man I've ever met, and he was all mine. Last night was a major success, one for the books. The date couldn't have turned out better, except for the horror movie that scared the shit out of me. I always disliked clowns, now I just loathe them. It took all of my bravado not to squeal out loud when we had to walk back to the pack house through a dark forest. But I did, and the reward was worth the wait.

I tightened my hold on Nathan's waist and snuggled deeper into his back. His intoxicating scent flowed down my spine, awakening my demon downstairs. Did I get lucky last night? Not as I hoped, but Nathan wasn't ready for touchdown, if you know what I meant. He was still cautious. But I didn't care; I would wait for him as long as he needed. We did, however, get a little frisky last night.

"Did you ever think he would do what he did last night?" Bane asked, yawning as he stirred from his sleep.

I yawned in response. "No, even I nearly blew my load when he did it."

"Damn, that was so..." Bane growled at the memory of what the minx did to us.

I began running my fingers over his bare chest. He had a narrow island of hair in the middle of his chest. I loved playing with them. Nathan stirred under my gentle touch, shoving his sweet ass up to my erection. I groaned into his back. He was making it very difficult not to pin him down and plow his sexy ass into oblivion.

"Good morning," Nathan said with a husky tone in his voice.

I smiled and peppered him with kisses along his neck. "Good morning, sexy."

He turned around and smiled at me. Fuck, he was a gorgeous creature even with his bed hair and his groggy eyes. Some people just wake up looking beautiful. Nathan leaned forward and buried his face in the nape of my neck.

Goddess, I loved him. Yeah, I did. I'd never admit it to him, though.

"Why not?" Bane huffed.

"Because he'll run for the hills and never look back." I told him, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "We'll have to wait a while longer before we drop a bomb that massive on his lap."

"Fine. Have it your way. I'm going back to sleep." Bane disappeared back into the bowels of my mind.

"Have you heard from your father?" I asked Nathan.

Nathan groaned and said, "Yes, I did. They're having a great week so far. Riley, it seems, is having a wonderful time with my father. He's even opened up to my mother and bonded with Lilly to where they're doing nearly everything together."

After Nathan found out that Riley felt abandoned, he asked his father to take Riley on a fishing trip where they could spend quality time together. His mother and sister tagged along. It would seem that Victoria and Nathaniel had picked up where they left off twenty-two years ago. Nathan was happy that his mother had finally moved on from his stepfather's death. He wanted her to be happy.

"Well, that's great to hear," I said. "But we have to get up before we're late for college."

It was my final year of management studies. I couldn't be happier. No more college for me and I could finally devote all of my attention to the pack and the businesses my father wanted to throw into my lap. It was an enormous responsibility, but I was ready for it.

Nathan scowled at me when I threw the blanket off. "You ass." He rose from his grave and stretched out. I watched as his back muscles flexed, licking my lips in appreciation. Nathan's eyes caught the tent in my boxers, and then he looked at me. "Don't get any ideas. You already got your reward last night."