Chapter 29: Taking A Leap. [Edited]

Adam Wick.

For the last two months after Nathan's secret crept out of the dark, I've been asking—no, begging him for a date. All I wanted was a chance to show him how much I liked him. But no, he had to play hard-to-get. It was not as if I was planning on tying him up in the pack's basement and do dirty things to him against his will.

"Well, that could be our backup plan if all fails." Bane told me as I dodged one of Tyson's punches.

I huffed and returned a punch, which Tyson easily blocked. "Get your head out of the gutter, you dirty dog."

"You thought about it first, creep."

"Come on, man. You're not even trying," Tyson said, interrupting our conversation.

Suddenly, he ducked and swiped his left leg, kicking my legs out from underneath me. I landed on my back with a thud while the annoying monkeys on the bleachers cheered Tyson on. Traitors!

"You're making it too easy for me to kick your ass." Tyson held his hand out to me while smirking. "What's the point of sparring with an airhead?"

An airhead!? I shot a glare back at him. I was so gonna kick his ass. After grabbing Tyson's hand, I kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying toward the mat. He lay there, wheezing and gasping for air.

"That's what you get for lowering your guard," I said, laughing as I jumped to my feet.

After a few gasps of air, Tyson stumbled to his feet. "That was a cheap shot!"

"No, it wasn't."

Soon after, the fighting became a bloody affair. I needed to keep my toes on the fly; Tyson wasn't holding back anymore. Any wrong move on my part would have put me in a world of hurt. I might have been an alpha, but Tyson wasn't the next head enforcer for nothing. His father trained him to break wolves of any caliber. Let's just say that Tyson's father scared the blood out of my veins.

"Tired yet?" Tyson asked, wiping off blood that dripped from the open cut above his eyebrow.

I chuckled and said, "No, and you?"

After another trail of blood found its way into his eye, Tyson quickly licked his thumb and then coated the bleeding wound with his spit. The wound slowly sealed shut. That's super-healing spit for you. Got to love it.

"Cheating, are we?"

"I wouldn't call it cheating." Tyson readjusted his shorts. "But if it's the only way you can kick my ass by me fighting you blinded, then go ahead."

The crowed oww'ed at his jab, followed by their childish snickering.

I then hit back. "Says the one who's licking his wounds already." Another bunch of 'oww's' echoed out from the crowd, making me grin. Take that mutt.

In a moment of weakness or stupidity, my eyes wandered over toward Nathan. He stood well away from the crowd of gym-goers, next to his sister. Tyson took the opportunity and rushed forward, punching me in the face. I stumbled back, but it was too late. The next thing I knew, Tyson had my head trapped between his legs while he restrained my right arm. My eyes locked onto his smelly crotch. My stomach churned. The BO stinging my nostrils was the last straw. I couldn't hold it out for long. I wasn't willing to die from the fumes that wafted from his family jewels. The crowd roared as I tapped out.

"Way to go, dipshit. We lost to Tyson because you couldn't keep your eyes off Nathan." Bane grumbled and then retreated into the dark recesses of my mind.