Chapter 30- Chef

Spencer pulled off his jumper as the temperature in his apartment rises.

"I have no idea what I'm doing" he announced, shaking off the flour on his jumper.

"Yeah, I can see that" the voice cut slightly, but he could hear her laugh.

Spencer picked up his phone from where he had balanced it. "Gia, I have accepted that I don't know how to cook."

"How have you fed yourself for all these years?" She joked.

"Have you heard of to go?" He responded sarcastically.

"What? I haven't heard of such a thing?" She teased back. "No seriously though Spence look, wind it through the pasta machine until it's thin enough. Basically, when you can almost see through it." She lifted her pasta up to show him.

"Alright, I'll try one last time. Then I'm ordering a pizza."

"Fair play. But I believe in you. So much so that if you have to order a pizza, I will too."

"Deal."

Spencer passed the dough through the machine. "Jesus Christ, I think I have done it. It didn't tear." Spencer ecstatically danced in front of the camera.

Gia cheered for him. "Okay now we have to cut it."

Spencer picked up a knife, showed her. She shook her head. He picked up another, she nodded.

Just then his door knocked. "One minute I'm just going to go get that."

"Yeah okay."

Spencer clapped his hands to remove the flour and scuttled towards the door. He opened the door.

"JJ? Garcia?"

"Hey Spence."

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Why are we interrupting something?" JJ raised her eyebrows. "Can we come in?" She pushed past him into the apartment. Garcia hugged Spencer and stepped into the apartment. JJ peered around the apartment, half expecting someone to be in there. "What are your plans?"

"Errrrrr..."

"Are you cooking?" Penelope asked.

"Yes."

"Why?" she asked in confusion.

"To eat."

"By yourself?" JJ interjected.

"What?" He stuttered.

"What's the motivation behind your new hobby? Or who? You're making a mess, by the way."

A snigger echoed through the room.

The trio turned towards the sound.

"What was that?" JJ narrowed her eyes.

"I have no idea what you are talking about?" he continued. "Not that I don't love you guys visiting me, but why are you here?"

"I give in. I can't keep it in. I overheard Chocolate Thunder say that you liked someone in Boston."

"He said what?" Spencer stomach dropped, knowing that Gia could hear.

"So, is it true?" Penelope asked. Spencer attempted his best poker face.

"It is." JJ declared. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" Her voice was softer now. Spencer chose not to say anything. He was saved by the sound of JJ's phone ringing. "You Will, I'm on my way. See you soon." She ended the call and looked Spencer straight in the face. "We're not done talking about this." She took Penelope by her hand and they left the apartment.

Spencer sighed in relief. Then he remembered Gia. His face masked in horror. He rushed into the kitchen. He stopped just out of frame. He peered at the screen and saw that Gia was sat on the countertop opposite the phone and was mindlessly dancing with her headphones on. Spencer smiled.

"You weren't kidding when you said you danced when you cook."

Gia stopped shimmying. She slid off the table. "I don't lie."

"Sorry about the interruption." He pointed over his shoulder, as if someone was there.

"No problem." She gave him a small smile.

"G, did you hear...?"

"I did. I should hope you like me. Otherwise, you would have suffered in my presence for too long. Pretending to be my friend could be so exhausting." Gia's hands dramatically waved around.

"I'm not pretending," Spencer reassured.

"Good. Now back to the pasta." She immediately began cutting her pasta.