Chapter 13: The cat is out of the box!

Derek's POV

I don't know what day it is. I had been in my wolf form looking for a way inside Mark's territory. Bloody hell! My mate is in his territory. I cannot protect here.

Tonight is the full moon. Wolves are the most powerful on full moon. I have decided I would try to break the barrier and enter his lands tonight. My family and pack has been trying to contact me constantly. I shut my mindlink and broke the connection for a while.

I sprint towards Mark's territory and suddenly I smelled her. My mate. I wasn't into Mark's territory yet. It was the middle of the forest. What must she be doing here at the middle of night?

I followed the scent. It looked like she was searching for something. She turned towards me and looked shocked. I tried my best to take control. I didn't want my wolf to scare her again but shifting was not an option now.

Before I could do anything... she collapsed to the ground. I shifted back my human form and picked her up. She was perfect. I felt tingles as my skin made contact with hers. I caressed her.

At a distance I could smell her scent faintly. There was a house. I figured it would be her house. I took her inside the house and kept her on the couch. She is so beautiful. I slept besides her couch all night. I swear it was the best sleep ever.

I could feel someone coming towards us. She is going to wake up. I looked at myself. I was naked. As much as I wanted to stay besides my beautiful mate. A nude guy would definitely piss her off. Besides, I didn't want her to get the wrong impression of me. I ran outside the house so that she wouldn't see me.

At least I know where she lives. These are neutral grounds. That means not owned by any wolf. Any wolf can enter this land. So rouges could enter too. I have to get her out of here. I changed into my wolf form and ran to the palace.

On reaching the palace I witnessed my pissed father "Derek William Hales. Where the fuck have you been for the past 7 days?" he roared.

"Dad.. why don't we sit down and talk?" my dad extended his claws and held my me by my throat. That's when my mom decided to jump in and separated me from my dad's grip.

"Do you know how worried we have been? Your mom hasn't slept since you went missing. And you shut us off the mind-link? How dare you? What do you..." he was fuming in anger.

"Stop it now will you?" Mom separated us.

"Derek sweetheart we had been really worried about you. Please don't do this again." She said brushed my hair with her fingers.

"Now go get a bath. I'll make you your favorite breakfast" It was like mom understood me. She knows what I am going through. I love her.

Niya's POV

I woke up to the ringtone on my phone... I was pampering Ron and I don't know when I felt asleep. I checked my phone. It was Mark.

"Hello," I said in a sleepy voice

"Niya are you okay... You didn't show up today morning. I was so worried about you."

That's when Ron got up and ran to the front door. I followed him as quickly as I could. He transformed into his wolf. And jumped out. Mark easily caught his throat with his bare hand and was about to twist it.

"Noooooo" I screamed on the top of my lungs

That's when he loosened his grip on Ron and Ron clawed his face with his paw. I ran in between them.
"Ron stop. He means no harm to me. He is my friend." That's when Ron shifted back in his human form. Butt naked.