Chapter 33: Teaming up for good.

Derek's POV

The coronation was crashed by the queen. But Mark was the most affected. Sure, I hate him but I genuinely feel bad for him. He lost his mate as well as his mom. I just can't imagine his pain.

Niya is also having a bad time since she learned about her family history. She was broke. I cuddled her all night. I asked dad to look for the queen's arrangements as I cannot leave my mate like this.

Niya has been at her worse behavior with the queen. She cannot feel the royal command considering she is the princess. But she should respect the highness. Not as a mother, but at least the queen of our kind.

At breakfast, she again insulted the queen. The queen is literally a demon Whoever pisses her off suffers his/her worse nightmare. You would beg for death if the queen punishes you. That's how cruel are her punishments. Maybe because of the past she lived she has turned her heart into stone. But with Niya she is different. She tries her best to be soft. She hasn't even scolded Niya yet even though Niya insulted her several times. I am mad at her for acting like this. This isn't her. Why is she being so rude? Okay... I guess I do know. Knowing about her past must be a huge shock for her.

The queen was pissed at Ron for his miss behavior. She was about to punish him but Niya jumped to save him. Like always! The little pup has no brains. After everyone left the dining without breakfast, Niya was pampering the pup. That's when I confronted them. I never blamed Niya for anything. But she got mad when I accused her of using magic to grow the pup.

Her eyes were pitched blue and she spoke with venom in her words. What shocked me the most was when she said Ron is her kid. She saved him from the execution and took care of him as her own. His rapid growth was an effect of the antidote she gave him. But others didn't have that side-effect.

Niya wasn't lying I am sure about it. I didn't want her to get mad but she was so angry that she took the pup and disappeared. She is using magic. I hope nobody saw this. I looked throughout the palace but couldn't locate her. I want her to be safe and don't want her secret to be out. She isn't responding to my mind link. It's like she doesn't have a wolf.

I went to the only option  left. Mark. I dashed to Niya's room he was sitting there doing nothing.

"I know we have never been on the same page and this is not the right time to come knocking at you for help. But it's about Niya" he was pissed looking at me but when I said Niya he calmed.

"What did you do to my sister?" He growled.

"I confronted her about Ron. I know everything about him. And she used her magic and disappeared. I cannot contact her wolf." I said in a low tone.

"You heard everything the highness told her about her father yesterday. She was broke and you confronted her about her kid! Her father was a witch. The most powerful witch in history and she is his heir." He growled loudly.
He then closed his eyes trying to mindlink her.
"I can't connect to her wolf. He smashed a vase from the table on the wall."

"If anyone, ANYONE comes to know she is a witch.. you are responsible. We can't even trust the queen telling her that she has activated the witch side."

"I know I messed up. Try contacting the pup he is with her."

"You are such a worthless piece of shit and we call you the king of this continent." He groaned.
I could rip off his throat now but I am more concerned about my mate.

He mind linked the pup I guess and then took a relaxing breathe.

"Is she safe?" I enquired.

"Yes. They are coming here."