Chapter 35: Rouges

It's been two weeks. All I did was locked myself in my room and kept on digging more about the spell. Derek wants to spend time together but I am in no mood. He engrossed himself in pack business. He said he wants to introduce me as Luna.

I promised him yesterday I would go on a date if he left me alone for the entire day. So I am outside his office playing my part of the deal. I knock.

"Come in," Derek says faintly. Looking at me his eyes lit up.

"I missed you so much. You don't know how long 24 hours are!"

He hugged me. "I missed you too," I whispered. He lifted me and set me on the table.

"You have eyebags Der," I said touching his face.

"I have been working all day and night. I have to get the pack in place and get the alliances with the alphas. And don't even get me started on the royal queen." He said exhausted. "It's a dwanting task.

"Why don't we spend the day in our bedroom instead of the date?" I kissed him.

"Niya! We need to talk" the queen's voice pulled us out of our moment.

"Now, is not a good time you see?" I replied.

She walked right through us and gave me a death glare "I know I am the worst mother you could ever ask for. But this doesn't give you the right to kidnap my husband without my knowledge." Her eyes were blood-red and she was using her royal voice.
It didn't affect me this time.

"He is my father too. You had him for life forever. And thanks to you that I was an orphan for my entire life." I growled.

She was taken back by my words.

"Did you move him?" she said trying to ceese her anger.

"Yes, I did," I said casually.

"Where is he?" She warned. She was about to lose it.

I didn't answer her.

"Baby.. that's her mate," Derek said breathing on my neck. He grabbed my waist and I felt tingles.

"Walk with me," I said. Derek and the queen followed me to my room.
We entered the room.
I mumbled a spell and the queen's eyes locked on my bed.

"Is that.. your dad?" Derek said astonished.
I nodded.

She immediately went to his side and caressed dad. The invincible royal queen held her mate as her life depended on it. She does have a soft spot for him.

"I am working on a spell to wake him" I interrupted her moment.

"You can't do that. The spell is very powerful. Even 50 witches together can't lift the spell" she argued.

"Watch me," I said and walked out of the room. Derek just followed me like a lost puppy. We went to his room. And I started kissing him.

"Niya" he tried.

"Just kiss me Der," I said in the middle of the kiss.
I wrapped my legs around him. He picked me easily and made me sit on a table.

"Trust me I want this more than you," he said brushing his fingers on my neck.
"But I need to know what you are going to do. Such spells require a lot of magic and energy. I am not opposing you in any way. I just wanna help." he gazed into my eyes encouraging me.

"What do you know about witches and magic?" I teased him.

"Apparently, a lot sweetheart. Witches are very rare but my cousin's grandmother was with one. I spent my childhood listening to stories about witchcraft.