Chapter 38: The Luna Ceremony.

It's the day. I can't believe it. I am going to be a Luna. A Luna of a pack. I am wearing a bright red gown. Carol is helping me do my make-up. Mom has invited hundreds of alphas from all over the world. She wants to introduce me as the heir to the throne along with my Luna ceremony. Not that I mind but royal rules are a pain the ass. And I have to follow them now.

"Niya are you ready?" Mom walked into my room

"You look mesmerizing, love" she said as she glanced at me. We are on great terms now, except for the times she trains me about being royalty. We also had mother-daughter bonding sessions.
We did a lot of shopping and it took me almost forever to choose this dress.

"Thanks, mom"

"Niya stay still or you will get burnt."
Carol said as she was straitening my hair.

"Let me Carol," Mom said as she took the straighter and picked up from where Carol left.

I just let them do whatever they wished. I am so afraid. Will his pack accept me? Would I be a good Luna? Do I even deserve being a Luna?

"No, you don't," Mom said out of the blue.

"Mom?" I questioned.

"You don't deserve being just a Luna. You deserve to be the queen of queens. So hold that pretty little head of yours high. You get it?" She lectured me.
I nodded.

"And remember you are not supposed to bow in front of anyone. When I introduce you as the heir to the throne the crowd will get on their knees. The entire race is going to accept you as their future queen so don't you dare doubt yourself." She continued.

All she has been doing these days is boosting my confidence but I don't seem to get there. I am nervous.
There is a knock on the door.

"If you girls don't mind can I come in?" I heard dad's voice.

"Dad!" I hugged him.

"No no no no.. don't you dare spoil my art!" Mom yelled.

"Ok! I am not touching her face." Dad said

"How are you doing sweetheart?" He questioned.

"I am nervous. I don't know how I am supposed to face all these people."

"You are going to be fine love. I will be by your side all time." He assured.

"Is it because you want to comfort your daughter or don't trust wolves yet." Mom said eyeing dad.

"Both. Now don't spoil my daughter's lovely mood or I'll freeze you right here" he replied.

"Dad!" I warned him.

"Come on sweetheart. I am joking."

Even though they both are mates, they still have issues. Well, dad has issues. Mom just wants her old mate back. She said dad will never go back to being the old mate. I tried to ask for the reason but all she does is cries. I can't see her crying. Like she is the all-powerful queen of our kind and seeing her cry breaks my heart. I tried talking to Dad but he says he doesn't want to even see her face. The only reason he tolerates her around is me. I don't know how I am supposed to remind him that she is his soulmate.