Chapter 25: Aconitum

His touch has helped with the pain. Mark was all set to attack Shawn but the king had grabbed him

I felt my body was burning but then it slowed down after a few minutes. I could still feel stings but it was bearable. I stood up with Derek's support.

"You see boss. You are right. Your sister isn't a werewolf." The hunter who attacked me said.

My wolf was at bay. I couldn't control her anymore. She took control and flashed her claws and fangs. She clawed the Hunter's face that caused her pain. That's when Shawn came in between. She didn't attack him. I pushed her back and took control. Shawn took out his gun and shot the hunter dead.

"I promised you I won't let anybody hurt you. And I know if you have killed someone there must definitely be a very strong reason behind it." He then tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I think you should rest. We can catch up later." Saying this he drove off along with his men leaving the dead body of the hunter in front of the palace.

"That went well. Edward dispose of this body" The king commanded his beta

I tried walking but I couldn't. I was about to fall when Derek caught me. He picked me and took me to his room.

Mark didn't object as he knew it wasn't the right time to hold grudges. Derek put me on the bed and stroke my hair. That's when Mark entered.

"Aconitum is showing its effect." He said softly. "But even nanograms kill a wolf within seconds. You are different Niya and I am glad that you are different." He held my hand between his.

"I couldn't imagine you getting hurt." A tear rolled on his cheek.

"Mark" I hugged him. "I love you brother."

After our hug I told him to go back to the packhouse and tell everyone I am safe. He resisted leaving my side but then he finally agreed.

I was in bed with Derek. I surely can reconsider forgiving him since he clearly cares about me. He offered his life to the hunters in exchange for mine. That deserves a chance.

'See I told you!" my wolf  being a fangirl of her mate supported my thought. We laid in bed with each other the entire day and also the night.

"Niya, so you have been taking aconitum since you were a kid?" Derek asked.

"I guess so. I had no idea about what Aconitum is before so I couldn't tell the difference. I always thought it was just cinnamon tea." I answered.

"Baby, but if you are a wearwolf that shit can kill you." He added

"I know.. I have read about Aconitum. During my training, Mark had asked me to read books which had history and stuffs about werewolves." I said and Derek nodded.

"Derek.. do you think I just got resistant to Aconitum? Since I am consuming it from a very young age?" I asked trying to figure the mess.

"Could be. Like someone who keeps taking very minute quantity of silver needs a higher dosage to knock him out next time. Maybe the same goes with Aconitum." He answered more like explaining himself.

"Whatever the scenario is, I am glad that you are fine." He wrapped an arm around me.
"Please don't ever surrender yourself like today" he whispered in my ear.

"Do you think I would let him harm you? When it was actually my fault that Patrick is dead." My voice broke.

He pulled me closer. "It's not your fault baby. Remember you did what was necessary. And the jerk deserved it anyways."

His words always work like magic. He engulfed me and I called it a night.

The next morning I woke up with Derek's heavy arm on my stomach. I tried lifting it but he is sooooo heavy. I don't want to wake him up. He looks so adorable when he's in sleep. I teleported to the pack-house taking one final look at my mate. I was feeling better.  Me and Derek.. well now we are better now. I have also agreed to go on a run in wolf forms as we both agree our wolves shouldn't suffer because of our thing.

I am back at the packhouse and I am greeted with a bear hug from Ron.

"Mom, I missed you." He whined.

"I missed you too baby." I said doing his hair.

"What plans do you have for the day?" I asked him.

"Just the usual. Train. Patrol. Paperwork." Ron said colourlessly.

"Come on. I'll help you with paperwork today." I winked.

"Really?" His face lit up.

We spent our day together. Mark was busy with pack duties and his tours and William was enjoying his love life. So this left me and Ron with loads of time together.

The next few days all we did was train, paperwork, eat, watch movies and party.
Pack work is a pain in the ass. I do admit.

It is a week since the hunters left. I wonder if Shawn has already gone. I just wish I could clear things with him before he left.

************************************
It is a fresh morning. I was sipping my coffee and William walked in the dining.

"Hey little witch!" he greeted.

"Hey sour wolf" I teased back.
He bent down to my level and whispered.
"Can I tell you a secrete? You are a wolf too" he smirked.
I rolled my eyes and went back to my coffee.

"Why are you even here? Did your mate kicked you out?" I questioned.

"No but she would. I had promised her I would take her on a date and then there is this all packs meetings at the king. Since alpha is not here we need someone to fill in for him."

I raised an eyebrow.

"And since you love me so much and you are so intelligent, and beautiful will you please please please step in?". He pleaded.

"Okay first of all, very bad attempt at complementing me. Second I have never attended an all pack meeting. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I just turned into a wolf few days back and you want me to represent our pack?"
I said.

"Niya come on. Take Ron with you. He has literally attended many more meetings then me. He was always with Mark during the meetings. I know you both can pull it off" Will pointed.

"I know but he is just a kid and he is a gamma and I don't even have a post. What am I supposed to say? I am an omega?"

"Niya we both know how powerful you are so shut that and never call yourself an omega again." He shook my shoulders.
"And you are the alpha's only family so you basically don't need a post and you can represent the pack better then me. I believe you." He said confidently.

"You are saying this only because you wanna save your date." I rolled my eyes.
He had a puppy face. "Fine. I'll go." I finally agreed.

He hugged me. "Did I ever tell you how awesome you are?"

"You better do." I smirked. "Now, run to your mate."

"Yes. And I do mean everything I said. Every ounce was truth not only because I had to save my date" he eyed me

I stuck out my tongue and left to get dressed.