Chapter 21: Saved and attacked

Niya's POV

We left the palace as fast as we could. Ron has broken his arm.

We reached the packhouse. The pack doctor was already waiting for us. Mark must have mind linked him. He inspected Ron and took scans. He then plastered him so that his arm would heal in the right way. The doctor said that he will be healed within 24 hours but needs to be careful for at least a week. I went into Ron's room with Mark.

"Mom, I am sorry for what I did. I just wanted to make that irrational alpha jealous. I could see the pain in your eyes.. I am sorry mom." He said apologizing.

" Don't blame him. I asked him to do whatever he did. He was just following his alpha's orders. And I don't think we did anything wrong. Besides, prince dick deserves it" Mark completed his sentence proudly.

"I am not mad at you both.. I just.. I need a walk.. I'll be back soon.." I said in an exhausted tone.

"Take care, Ron. Have some rest I'll be right back" he looked at me and then closed his eyes to sleep

"Call me or William if you get into any trouble and please don't stay out long" Mark added.

I nodded and left the packhouse. I have been walking into the forest. I know a beautiful lake in the middle of the forest. I like sitting by the lake. It gives me peace. Besides, it's just outside Mark's territory so it's not too far away.

As I reached I saw a wolf drowning. He was the same wolf that had saved my life when I fainted in the forest when Ron had his very first shift.

I used my powers to get the wolf outside water. I don't know what am I supposed to do next. If he was a human I would give him CPR. I pressed his chest and called out for the wolf. After a few minutes, he got up and coughed some more water.

Derek's POV

I let the water consume me. But I was pulled out from the water. Yes. I have been weak ever since Niya left me but I am still strong enough that it needs 10 men to carry me.

I felt someone pressuring my chest. My wolf's chest to be exact. And that's when I heard the voice I craved for. My mate..

I instantly coughed the water which was blocking my airways and opened my eyes. It was none other than my mate.

But she was alone. How could she pull me out of the water alone? There is no chance my delicate mate can even lift my arm. I kept staring at her awestruck.

"A wolf trying to suicide? Now I think I have seen everything in my life."  She said dramatically.

"Come on.. shift back. I know you aren't a regular wolf.. You are a werewolf. Shift back"

She knows everything about wolves. I was afraid to tell her I am one and now she is here asking me to shift back. At least she doesn't hate our kind.

"Shift back," she said once again.
I knew better. I was not going to shift. If I did she would definitely be pissed. She has never seen me in my wolf form so she doesn't know it's me. Only my family and pack have seen my wolf and yes some alphas.

"You are a stubborn wolf aren't you? I am sure you can turn into a human. At least tell me your name what should I call you? Wolfie? Yes, that's what I am going to call you until you shift back."

That isn't going to happen anytime soon baby. She kept on thinking for a while and then stood up.

"Fine.. Let's do this your way." Her expression changed and she narrowed her brows.

"State your pack and position". She said sternly. This is how the alphas interrogate any rouge but hey I am an alpha myself. I am not bound to answer her. When I didn't answer back, she frowned. I do want to turn back but she will definitely get mad looking at my face.

Niya's POV

After the werewolf got back to his conscious I tried my best to make him shift back but the sour wolf wouldn't even try. I then tried talking like Mark does but it still has no impact on him.

I pulled out my phone and thought about asking a werewolf for help. I can't ask Mark. He would lecture me about using my powers to save a wolf. Besides he has a lot of work considering that his deal blew off today. Ron is still recovering so he is already out of the list. My last option is Will. I called him up

"What's wrong? Are you in trouble? Tell me your location I'll be there within seconds" this is how he answered my call. Will is very protective of me but he is also annoying. But I think that's what best friends are.

"I am in no trouble you wolf and I can handle any danger.  I need a favor from you. Come by the lake as fast as you could and just tell Mark that I am bored and I want you for company. You better not tell him anything else."

"I will be there in a minute," he said and hanged up the call.

I have been giving pointed looks to the werewolf in front of me. Why would he want to die? I need to know more about him. Within less than a minute Will was here.

"What favor do you need Niya? I want you to treat me with a huge pizza in return for it... Wooooaahhh.." he looked at the huge black wolf in front of me.

"You have been hanging out with this wolf here all the time and I thought I am your only best friend" he is such a drama queen

"Yes pig I'll feed you a pizza once you do what I ask you and no I haven't been hanging out with this wolf. He was drowning and I saved his life." I said crossing my hands over my chest.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?

"I want you to mindlink him and ask him to shift back into his human form."

"Why can't you do it yourself. Wolf's do understand humans even though they are in wolf form"

"He is a stubborn wolf. I have been exhausting my throat for about an hour and he is not ready to shift back" I informed Will. He then looked at the black wolf and was silent for a while.

"No... he isn't accepting my link. He isn't from our pack. I don't know who he is."

"Well then do the state your name and pack thing which Mark does."

"Mark is an alpha and he has been one for 10 years not to mention the alpha blood running through his veins. I have been a beta for what.. not even two months and I have gamma blood." he said enlightening me.
"Besides this wolf has a very powerful aura around him. I can't command him"

"You are of no use Will. I must have called Ron he would be a better help."
At the mention of Ron.. the black wolf growled making me jump a little.
"Hey, easy there Wolfie" I said to the wolf.

Derek's POV

Niya had called Mark's beta and he has been trying to mindlink me. I  rejected his link. He cannot overpower me. He is a fresh beta and I am a royal alpha.

Niya was irritated as nothing was helping her turn me back. That's when she mentioned Ron. He is the gamma. I growled at his name. Niya told me to ease up.

That when I smelled something disgusting.  Bloodsuckers. Within seconds I could see many of them. They had surrounded us and we're thrice in number compared to the last time.

I saw a face that I recognize. The second in command to the clan leader. I remembered his face. The beta had also sensed the bloodsuckers.

"Niya..  vampires.. get inside the pack boundaries.. NOW!" he screamed. She took a step and then turned pack.

"What is it Niya. Run right now."

"The wolf doesn't belong to our pack. He can't get through our pack boundaries" he said gesturing towards me. She cares about me.

"And so can't the vampires Niya. For god's sake get into the territory. Why do you even care about the wolf." He beta blurted angrily at my mate.

That's when a vampire tried to attack her. I jumped on him and separated his head from his body.  More and more vampires circled me.

I was outnumbered. The beta tried fighting off some. But we were clearly at defeat.