Chapter 37: Warming up to the Family

It's been a week. Mom and dad live with me at my place. Dad has adjusted to everything. Well, everything but not Derek. Whatever that involves wolves still pisses him off. It's a PTSD.

I am taking him to Moondwelt so I can divert his attention from wolves. The entire week I was locked in the house. We three spent time together but I couldn't talk to both Derek or Mark. They just mind-linked me to check if I am doing okay. Mom and dad, you can say he doesn't try to kill her anymore and they are on talking terms. This is progress, right? I don't understand how can he be so cruel to his mate.

I parked my car and went to the Biochemistry lab. I am expecting Karl to greet me with a nasty comment but I found Ron sitting on my chair with his eyes glued to a microscope.

"Don't you have pack duties?" I said.

"Jeez, Mom you startled me!" Ron said looking at me.

"Mom?" My dad almost got a heart attack.

"Before you kill me, kind sir, I am adopted by your daughter."
He said looking at my Dad

"Why do you think I would kill you?" Dad immediately got back to normal and questioned the over-smart brains.

"Because I am kind of wolf?"

Dad took his hand and sliced his palm with an invisible blade.
"No, you are not." He said.

"Dad what do you mean? He does turn into a wolf." I added.

"Sure. But he has your blood." He said.

"Mom said about him having hybrid blood. But I never injected him with my blood" I added.

"Maybe accidentally." Dad retorted.

"So you mean I am not going to die of old age within the next few months?" Ron questioned.

"Why would you? Didn't you stop aging when you were 18?" Dad asked.

"Yes I did"

"Dad! I am worried about him" I said.

"Okay, I'll check on him. But only because I like his sarcasm. Also that he is your first sire."

"Niya get a blood sample and start extracting his DNA," Dad ordered.

"I can do that!" Ron shot

"Can you?" I asked surprised.

"You do it like every day and you had demoed me before. I can do it!" he argued.

" I'll keep an eye on him" Dad assured.

"Okay. Just don't melt his brains if he does anything wrong" I looked at dad

"Hey,I am not a psychopath murderer."

"I know that but he is a wolf. Now, I need to check on some supplies will you two be okay?"

They both nodded

"Call me or link me if you need anything" I added.

'Off to the alpha king?' Ron said through our link.

'Shut up! And don't mention him in front of dad if you care about your life.'

He chuckled.

I left them and headed towards the palace. I went straight to Derek's office. His hair is a mess and his eyes have dark circles. He looks awful. He shot up from his seat as he felt my presence. I jumped over him and hugged him.

"I missed you baby" I whispered in his ears.

"I thought I lost you!" he said still hugging the life out of me.