Chapter 15: Would you be MINE?

I am late. Late late late. It's 10.30 in the morning and I just have 30 minutes. Last night I couldn't sleep and I felt asleep early in the morning. My alarm betrayed me and now I can't find any clothes.

I took a quick shower and wore the first thing that I found in the Waldron. I wore a skin tight jeans and a baby pink top. I would be putting on my apron so I actually don't care what I wear. But today was special. It would be my first drive with Derek.

I wonder what he is doing. I think he must be driving his way back her. Wait.. did I text him my address? I pulled out my phone only to see 23 messages and 15 calls from Derek. Oh my God! I had my phone on silent all this time and because of yesterday I didn't  check my phone at all.

I called Derek. He immediately answer even before the first ring.

"Hi Derek. This is Niya. I am so sorry. My phone has been on silent since yesterday." I said in an apologetic tone

"I thought you bailed on me" he said laughing a bit

"No.. I would never. Why don't you come over and we chat then. I am actually running late today."

"Yeah sure. I am  just 5 min away from your place"

"Already? How did you get my address"
He paused a while

" I extracted if from employees data from the institute"

"Okay! See you then" I hung up.

One day.. one day I am late and it's today.. Why!!... I cried out loud. I got dressed and stuffed in my laptop and apron in my handbag. I heard a knock on the front door. I opened it to find Derek. He wore a black t-shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Hey.. I am all ready let me just get my bag and we are all set to go."

I am proud how good I can lie. The truth is I am not ready at all. I should have invited him in and get my stuff done. But I don't want him to think I am unpunctual. So I just picked my bag and left.

He guided me to his car. It was a freaking Rolls-Royce. He opened the door for me and then he got into the driver's seat. He started driving.

"What do you say we make a stop first and have breakfast? I know a café with delicious food."

My stomach has been churning. I was very hungry since I skipped breakfast today. I immediately agreed to his offer.

He took me to this nice café. It was more like a theme restaurant you could say. Everyone stood and bowed to Derek as we entered.

Most of them had their gaze on me. Derek must have sensed my uncomfortableness and put his hand over my back. I swear I felt a current.

I don't know why my body is reacting like this. I definitely have a crush on this man. We both had coffee and I ordered in plate of fries. Now I am all set to Kickstart my day.

"Do you mind if I tag along with you for the day?" He asked, " I want to know what tests you are going to carry upon my people."

"Sure you can. Besides I think the patients will co-ordinate better if they have someone they know. I was actually going to request you for the same"

"You needn't request. You should have just said" he smiled.

We then drove off to the palace. He introduced me to some important people. He said those belong to his council. Then I explained them about the tests. Rest of the day was mostly work besides few compliments from Derek.

Once I completed my work Derek offered to drop me back home.  That's when I tripped like an idiot and twisted my ankle. Thankfully, Derek was there and he saved me. I tried walking but I could drop even a step. The pain was excruciating.